ATHL - Athletics Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
Assistant Coach Baseball
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas, invites applications for the positions of Assistant Coach -Baseball. The successful candidate will assist the university in meeting the stated goals of the mission statement and the athletic department through assistance in managing the baseball program. The goals are to 1) provide every opportunity for the baseball program to compete for Heartland Conference Championships every year, 2) operate with quality and integrity in the athletic department's role as a focal point for school identity and spirit, 3) support the community through public service, and 4) provide opportunities and support for SEU student-athletes to achieve academically and athletically at the highest level and provide programming and resources that help prepare them with skills for life.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist head coach with coaching and administrative duties for the baseball program.
- Actively assist in the planning and direction of the overall practice strategy: Run aspects of the practices to include instructing team members in-game strategies, techniques, and strength and conditioning. Make strategic decisions in contest situations.
- Counsel student-athletes concerning academic progress.
- Assist in the overall recruiting strategy and implementation of evaluating, identifying, and recruiting quality student-athletes; written and telephone correspondence with prospective student-athletes
- Assist with scheduling contests and equipment purchase and organization.
- Assist in oversight of team travel, keeping budget considerations in mind.
- Chronicle and report NCAA required data to the athletic compliance office.
- Travel nationwide for competition and recruiting.
- Perform game/facility management and other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Baccalaureate degree, preferably in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Sports Management, or Exercise Science; Masters Degree preferred.
- Successful background in coaching and/or playing baseball, preferably at the NCAA level.
- Ability to successfully pass the NCAA recruiting examination within two months of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Basic familiarity, appreciation, and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the university, and the capacity to articulate that role and interact comfortably with those individuals and constituency groups (student-athletes, alumni, coaches, parents, etc.) crucial to the advancement of athletics at SEU.
- Should possess high motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal background check is required.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Denatal Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices and small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary. OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available: 08/01/21 Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com