Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Osteopathic MedicineDepartment:
Osteopathic Medical Specialties Com 10034467Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Education/Training, Fixed Term Faculty, Part Time (1-49.9%), Union
- Part-time teaching position for pulmonary medicine.
- Position is based in East Lansing, Michigan.
- Must be currently practicing clinical pulmonary medicine.
- Has experience teaching medical students.
- Must have excellent teaching reviews.
- Virtual and in-person experience in teaching is necessary or able to be learned, due to the make up of the course.
- Experience with PowerPoint, lecture development essential.
- Small group teaching, in particular, related to PFT interpretation and ventilator basic principles.
- During course must be available evenings and weekends for student questions via email within reason.
- Assistance with content for elective pulmonary rotation.
- Participation in course meetings as scheduled.
- Essential to meet deadlines for academic content.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
D.O. or M.D. degree
Board certified in Pulmonary or Pulmonary Critical Care
Clinically active currently in Pulmonary Medicine
Teaching experience to house staff or medical students
Willing to be in-person for small group sessions in East Lansing
Availability while respiratory course is in session to answer student questions via email
Prior first and second year medical school education
Familiarity with recording lecture content
Facile with PowerPoint highly desired
Able to provide teaching evaluations from prior learners
Required Application Materials
Cover letter with current Curriculum Vitae/Resume
Need to provide teaching evaluations if available.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Jul 15, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 15, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time