Job location: Smith College Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Coordinate all Chief Investment Officer (CIO) commitments and activities. Establish priorities on the flow of information to the CIO and in/out of the office, coordinate the CIO’s calendar, and serve as an intermediary between the CIO and the internal/external constituencies of the college. Administer expense reports, Accounts Payable and tracking. Supervise and manage the office operations.
Take appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Provide a wide range of complex administrative support to the CIO and to the office as a whole.
- At the direction of the CIO, oversee the CIO’s calendar and manage appointments, schedule meetings, and arrange for travel.
- Work collaboratively with other offices to schedule and follow up on travel commitments.
- Ensure the CIO has all relevant material and briefings needed for meetings and gather information from appropriate sources.
- Work closely with events management to ensure the CIO’s availability at important events or meetings in Northampton or other locations.
- Draft and review a variety of often complex and confidential correspondence on behalf of the CIO. Draft memos/letters and assist in preparing briefing materials and information for meetings and presentations.
- Develop and oversee the office budget and monitor expenses.
- Provide an efficient and highly professional level of service. Manage day-to-day administrative operations and needs of the CIO’s office.
Assist with special projects as needed.
All employees are expected to participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, education, experience, certifications, licenses)
Associate’s degree and 5+ years’ related office/business experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- Ability to use tact, discretion, independent judgment, and maintain strict confidentiality
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and demands with grace while under deadline pressure
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Google Suite, Meeting Maker
- Experience in office management
Onsite in Boston 4 days a week, potential 1 day per week remote.
Please attach BOTH
a current resume and a cover letter in order for your application to be considered for this position . You may combine your resume and cover letter into a single file or attach multiple files to your application, but BE SURE you have provided all attachments BEFORE SUBMITTING your application. You will NOT be able to attach additional files after you have hit the Submit button.
Review of applications will begin
August 5, 2021Compensation Grade:
Grade K ExemptPosition Type:
RegularAbout Smith CollegeLocated in Northampton, MA, Smith College is one of the largest women’s colleges in the country and is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research across the liberal arts. A faculty of outstanding scholars interact with students in small classes, as advisors, and through student-faculty research projects. The College is a member of the Five College Consortium with Amherst, Hampshire and Mt. Holyoke Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Students cross-enroll and faculty cross-teach across the Five Colleges. Smith College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or veteran status in the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of any of its programs and activities, as specified by all applicable laws and regulations. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.