McGuire Ctr - Entrepreneurship Department Website Link:
Main Campus Address:
1130 E. Helen Street, Suite #202, McClelland Hall, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA Position Highlights:
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Arizona, Eller College of Management invites applications from qualified candidates for our Program and Academic Coordinator position. This position will have primary duties in the following three areas:
• Events:Manages and oversees planning, coordination, marketing, and outreach with Academic Manager to plan and coordinate McGuire Center special events.
• Course Scheduling:Work closely with the undergraduate program’s office, coordinating the review and modification of each semester’s schedule of classes during the open scheduling period and ensuring that schedules of classes are up-to-date and accurate.
• Academic Management: Assist the McGuire Academic Program Manager with all aspects of the McGuire Center academic programs, including SPARK (Entrepreneurship program for Sophomores), Online Masters in Entrepreneurship (OMSE) and our flagship program, New Venture Development.
As we work toward our mission to discover and share new knowledge that shapes the future of business and to educate the next generation of responsible, global leaders who embody the changing business world and possess the knowledge and drive to impact it, we recognize the value of diversity and inclusion. We invite all qualified individuals to apply to join us in achieving our mission.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here http://talent.arizona.edu/
• Serve as the primary resource for general event planning protocol and administrative policies related to events, within the University and with outside organizations.
• Develop strategies and promotional materials (print and electronic) for events and campaigns (includes advertising, promotions, websites, social media, newsletter) in coordination with relevant marketing teams, i.e. Eller College MarComm.
• Manage, coordinate, and execute all aspects of annual events, such as: Info Sessions, new program mixers, student trips, year-end graduations.
• Represent the University of Arizona in a liaison capacity on matters relating to events and at department meetings.
• McGuire Events include:
-- Innovation Expo
-- New Venture Development (NVD) program & New Venture Competition (NVC)
-- Campus Pitch Competitions
-- Microbusiness Marketplaces
-- Eller Big Pitch & Bear Down & Pitch
-- Eller Economic Development program graduation
-- Annual Board Meetings
• Work closely with the undergraduate program’s office, coordinating the review and modification of each semester’s schedule of classes during the open scheduling period and ensuring that schedules of classes are up-to-date and accurate.
• Other duties including, but not limited to: -- Add, drop, change and update all course scheduling needs.
-- Implement changes to course schedule in UAccess.
-- Finalize course schedule and save to shared drive.
-- Review emails from Room and Course Scheduling carefully and thoroughly.
-- Syllabus collection.
• Assist the McGuire Academic Program Manager with all McGuire Center academic programs, including SPARK (Entrepreneurship program for Sophomores), Online Masters in Entrepreneurship (OMSE) and our flagship program, New Venture Development.
• These include duties but not limited to:
-- OMSE: Coordinate the student experience for McGuire Center microcampus offerings in partnership with UA Global and Eller Global. Assist with admissions for prospective students within the Masters, Review applications/files to make admission decisions based on criteria and or guidelines set by the Graduate College. Attend all global meetings.
-- Assist with management of the Minor in ENTR.
-- Assist in marketing, recruitment, day-to-day management and retention for NVD, Spark and OMSE.
-- Assist in application/ interview process for NVD, Spark, and OMSE. Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Masters degree
- Experience with events and marketing
- Experience with technology and digital media FLSA:
Exempt Full Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
40 Job FTE:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade:
6 Career Stream and Level:
Student Services Admin Job Function:
Student Services Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies:
1 Target Hire Date:
8/2/2021 Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Ms. Jordan Elias Open Date:
7/16/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.