DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver
Veteran and Military Student Services and Disability Resources and Services
Business Service Coordinator (Business Services Professional Intermediate Level)
Position #785399 – Requisition #22100* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Veteran and Military Student Services and Disability Resources and Services has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Service Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration. Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Position Emphasis:
The Business Services Coordinator serves in a multi-faceted role, which is made up of the following: business support for the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Residential Education and Student Support, the Offices of Veteran and Military Student Services and Disability Resources and Services. This position will support the administrative, procurement functions for the units, including processing personnel (HCM) transactions, creating and assisting with professional and student staff scheduling, purchasing, and procurement needs. The Business Services Coordinator will provide budget management for each office, that includes budget monitoring and reconciliation. Consistent with the mission and goals of the Student Success division, this position will be required to build and maintain professional relationships with students, staff, and faculty while subscribing to the philosophy of a team approach. The Business Services Coordinator must be able to maintain a working knowledge at all times of all current University policies that are relevant to business services which may include, but not be limited to procurement, human resources, budget, events, and travel. Duties include purchasing, processing documents, and overall management of office operations and logistics to enable the department staff to complete their tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Supervision Received:
Reports directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Residential Education and Student Support Example of Work Performed:
Salary and Benefits:
- Duties for this position include purchasing materials, supplies and equipment, subscriptions, and processes documents in order to establish contracts for vendors for services.
- Overall management of office operations and logistics to enable the department staff to complete their tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage the AVC calendar, schedule meetings.
- Execute projects assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Effectively handles sensitive and confidential issues on behalf of the AVC with timeliness, discretion, professionalism, and consideration of the perspective of the AVC.
- Perform the recruitment, hiring, offer letters, and on-boarding functions for students.
- Perform on-boarding for staff and student employees.
- Responsible for the creation and processing of new positions and requisitions in HCM for student employees.
- Process and approve monthly and bi-weekly time collection for the team.
- Assist in the implementation of procurement procedures, budget reconciliation and monitoring.
- Manage all procurement including travel card, procurement card, purchase orders and associated budget management (Speedtype audits / reports, allowable expenditures, etc.).
- Maintain budgetary related records in accordance with University standards.
- Determines the correct forms and steps necessary to accurately complete projects.
- Handle/maintain/develop routine correspondence and materials, sensitive and confidential employee information, and employee personnel files.
- Independently determines appropriate account for allocation of expenses and ensures financial transactions are appropriate and comply with all relevant university regulations and policies.
- Analyzes and interprets department budgets to forecast spending projections and needs.
- Coordination of workflow processes and audits in order to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Maintain and report budgetary related records in accordance with University standards.
- Support department in other financial duties including: cash handling, deposits, billing, accounts payable, and account management.
- The BSC will support office management of the Office of Disability resources and services to establish systems for front desk operations and office efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The hiring range for this position has been established at $44,526 to $48,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
* Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, public administration, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific years of experience.
- One (1) year of professional level experience in HR or Finance operations.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with a diverse population of students in a non-profit or educational setting
- Experience in HR operations, processing or supporting payroll or hiring processes.
- Experience with fiscal responsibilities.
- Experience using web-based information systems (i.e. PeopleSoft or similar).
Diversity and Equity:
- Strong clerical, telephone, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to display empathy and exercise active listening.
- Ability to network and create relationships with various campus and community constituents.
- Ability to learn through critical reflection and feedback.
- Ability to enable others to succeed individually while accomplishing a collective outcome.
- Comfort with ambiguity and openness to change.
- Imagination to develop new concepts and improve existing services.
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions.
- Ability to relate well to students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Working knowledge of the structure, policies and procedures of higher education institutions.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 15, 2021Unposting Date: