Nursing Assistant - Vascular Lab (Req3541)Employment Type: Staff - ContingentEmployee Class: Student PT HSCBargaining Unit: BU ExemptShift: 1Work Hours: 7:00 am - 7:00 pmHours Per Week: 4FTE: 0.1Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: Vascular LabNumber of Openings: 1Salary Range: $ 15.06 - 15.06Grade: Unclassified BUEX HSC - NXU14Float: NoRotate: NoOn Call: NoTravel: NoWeekend/Holiday: NoRequisition ID: req3541Position Control Number (PCN): H93309Posting Period: Open until filledPosition is filled in accordance with AFSCME Article 11. Position Description:
Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and MentalHealth Technician in providing delegated tasks on the nursing unit. Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly workarea.Qualifications:
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills& Abilities
- Student currently enrolled in Associate, Baccalaureate, or Masters degree nursing program.
- Has completed at least 1 clinical rotation or has an active State Tested Nurse Aide certification with the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry.
- Current BLS certification.
- Ability to write legibly, speak articulately, and follow directions accurately.
- Finger and hand dexterity to handle delicate instruments and other equipment.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to work under close supervision.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for patients in their care when performing delegated functions of this position and to perform delegated duties in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Ability to tolerate strenuous physical activity such as turning, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, andlifting in order to assist patients.
- Handles and serves patients in a manner conducive to their welfare and safety.
- May be required to rotate shifts and units.
- visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
- ability to hear (with or without aides)
- ability to orally communicate
- good manual dexterity
- ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally
- ability to stand, walk frequently
- ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently; and
- ability to perform CPR
Working conditions include but are not limited to an environment of high stress where exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other infectious agents, unpleasant odors, limited space, dust and fumes, variations in environmental temperature, hazardous chemicals, loud noise, radiation risk, laser exposure, physically demanding workloads, heavy lifting of at least 30 pounds but often more. Many repetitive activities and motions such as bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time are required. Some risk of verbal, physical and emotional aggression may be experienced.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.