Surgery Coordinator-109580-Ambulatory Staffing Pool (Req3571)Employment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Salaried Full Time HSCBargaining Unit: BU ExemptShift: 1Work Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pmHours Per Week: 40FTE: 1Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: Ambulatory Staffing PoolNumber of Openings: 1Salary Range: $ 38,100.00 - 47,667.00Grade: Salaried HSC - J104Float: YesRotate: YesOn Call: N/ATravel: N/AWeekend/Holiday: YesRequisition ID: req3571Position Control Number (PCN): H92590Posting Period: Open until filledPosition Description:
Under general supervision of the SeniorAdministrative Director of Clinic Operations, the Surgery Coordinator assistsin the daily workflow and operations of the surgery scheduling process. Responsible for assisting physicians, pre-certificationstaff, clinic staff, and patients with ensuring surgeries are performed asscheduled. Responsible for monitoringall surgery buckets and communicating directly with clinic staff to attend tomedical necessity or coding issues that may prevent authorization of surgery. Perform a variety of clerical duties toprepare and maintain surgery patient schedules within an assigned cluster forelective, urgent and emergent surgery postings for clinic patients and physicians. Qualifications:
- Graduation from accredited school of licensed practical nursing (LPN) withcurrent registration from the Ohio Board of
- Nursing or certification or registration as a Medical Assistant
- Must have 2 years of clinicalexperience
- Must have 12 mos.experience with data entry and verification, appointmentscheduling, documentation, and be proficient with medicalprocedures.
- Must have experience usingthe Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) system.
- Must have current withinthe last 2-4 years insurance experience either working in a position such asthis or with a medical billing office, insurance company, or likeposition.
- Must have knowledge ofpayor regulatory requirements for pre-authorization/pre-certification.
- Musthave experience with insurance referrals.
- Mustbe proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access & database
- Mustbe proficient in medical terminology and scheduling
- Musthave experience with CPT coding.
- Musthave experience with office procedures and surgical office.
Must be able to work flexible hours, shifts, holidays and weekends. 1. Tolerate busy office environment that requires constant interaction with patients, employees, students, residents, and physicians. 2. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range and manual dexterity.3. Requires the ability to operate various types of office equipment, including but not limited to:Personal computer, fax machines, copiers, telephones4.Must be able to work effectively both with internal and external customers in stressful situations.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.