Staff Nurse-109650-Rehab Medicine (Req3564)Employment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSCBargaining Unit: AFSCMEShift: 1Work Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pmHours Per Week: 40FTE: 1Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: OP-Clinic-Rehab MedNumber of Openings: 1Salary Range: $ 23.07 - 29.86Grade: Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U64Float: N/ARotate: N/AOn Call: N/ATravel: N/AWeekend/Holiday: N/ARequisition ID: req3564Position Control Number (PCN): H93963Posting Period: Open until filled.
*Through August 31st, 2021,UTMC is offering a hiring bonus to recruit Staff Nurses to the hospital. New hires are eligible for a $6,000 sign onbonus for experienced Registered Nurses and $3,000 for newly hired entry levelRegistered Nurses after the completion of the 180-day probation period.Position Description:
Maintainsstandards of professional nursing practice and coordinates total nursing carefor patients Qualifications:
withconsideration of their specific age needs. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with
other healthcare professionals.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Ohio.
- RN requires: American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS. American Red Cross “CPR for Professional Rescuers” will be accepted at time of hire only. Certification must be active at time of hire and maintained throughout employment in position.
- BSN preferred.
- Computer experience preferred using Word, Excel.
- Current Practice Management software, MYSIS, McKesson preferred
- EMR experience preferred.
- Must be willing to rotate shifts and units.
Communication and other skills:
- Able to document care legibly in hand written text
- Able to navigate through the EMR and record required data accurately and efficiently.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with team members including but not limited to physicians, nurses, managers, MA’s and other team members.
1. Must be able to work flexible hours, shifts, and weekends. 2. Tolerate busy office environment that requires constant interaction with patients, employees, students, Residents and physicians. 3. Requires prolonged walking and standing. Occasional lifting of patients sometimes over 200 pounds.4. Occasional carrying of items weighing up to 30 pounds required. 5. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range and manual dexterity.6. Requires the ability to operate various types of office equipment, including but not limited to: Personal computer, fax machines, copiers, telephones7. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment on a daily basis.8. Must be able to work effectively both with internal and external customers in stressful situations.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo. To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.