Medical Assistant Certified/Registered: LPN as MA-113210-OP Nephrology/Transplant (Req3562)Employment Type:
Staff - RegularEmployee Class:
Unclass Part Time AFSCME HSCBargaining Unit:
8:00am - 4:30pmHours Per Week:
OP Nephrology/TransplantNumber of Openings:
$ 15.78 - 18.01Grade:
Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U20Float:
req3562Position Control Number (PCN):
07/15/2021-07/21/2021 Internal/ExternalPosition is filled inaccordance with AFSCME Article 11. AFSCME bids accepted 7/15/2021 to 7/21/2021 . All otherapplications accepted through 7/25/2021.
*Through August 31st, 2021, UTMC is offering a hiring bonus torecruit new talent to the hospital. New hires are eligible for a $1,000 signingbonus after the completion of the 180-day probation period. Position Description:
TheCredentialed Medical Assistant provides individualized, direct patient care ofpatients under the supervision of a physician. The Medical Assistant assists in the implementation of the delivery ofhealth care services, assists fellow employees in providing the highest qualitypersonalized patient care, and maintains a positive work relationship with thehealth care team. Administer medicationsonly under the direction, supervision and control of the physician. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) order entryfor medication, laboratory or radiology may be completed when physiciandelegated.Qualifications:
The ages of patients served spans the spectrum of the lifecycle. Care will be directed at takingvital signs, assisting patients to room, and assisting the nurses, physicians,students and residents in the clinical area, recognizing that every age grouphas unique developmental characteristics influencing the approach that shouldbe utilized in caring for these patients.
- Medical Assisting Diploma, Degree, or Certificate is required. May consider other medical certificates in a related field if combined with a CMA/RMA certification.
- Current CMA/RMA certification or Ohio LPN license validated through primary source verification is required.
- American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR certification is required for MAs. Will accept American Red Cross “Adult & Pediatric CPR” at time of hire only. Certification must be active at time of hire and maintained throughout employment in position.
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS certification is required for LPNs. Will accept American Red Cross “CPR for Professional Rescuers” at time of hire only. Certification must be active at time of hire and maintained throughout employment in position.
- Previous Ambulatory Care medical assisting or nursing experience is preferred.
- Possesses knowledge and skills in techniques of good patient care and maintains competency through continuing education.
- Exhibits accuracy, integrity, and flexibility to work multiple outpatient areas.
- Motivated to plan and organize work, and to work without supervision.
- Is tactful and courteous in dealing with patients and visitors. Able to maintain an effective working relationships with personnel and the medical staff.
- Required to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be punctual and dependable.
- Adheres to UTMC Customer Service & iCare values.
- Previous Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Requires the ability to operate various types of office equipment, including but not limited to: Personal computer, fax machines, copiers, and telephones.
Communication and other skills:
- Able to document care legibly in hand written text.
- Able to navigate through the EMR and record required data accurately andefficiently.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with team members including but notlimited to physicians, nurses, managers, other MAs and other team members.
1. Must be able to work flexible hours, shifts, holidays and weekends. 2. Tolerate busy office environment that requires constant interaction with patients, employees, students, residents, and physicians. 3. Requires prolonged walking and standing. Occasional lifting of patients sometimes over 200 pounds.4. Occasional carrying of items weighing up to 50 pounds required. 5. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range and manual dexterity.6. Requires the ability to operate various types of office equipment, including but not limited to:Personal computer, fax machines, copiers, telephones7. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment on a daily basis.8. Must be able to work effectively both with internal and external customers in stressful situations.9. May be required to travel and work at other UTMC satellite sites.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo. To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.