Location: Durham 27710
General Description of the Job Class
This job classification includes the duties of three functional groups in Duke Health Access Services:
1. Duke Consultation and Referral Center (DCRC) -- Serve as a first point of contact for Duke Health System patients and referring providers. Provide a comprehensive one-call experience to meet the various needs of patients, referring providers, and family members. Adapt to and manage the ever changing and complex services, providers, service locations and initiatives across Duke Health while providing the highest level of customer service to each caller. Provide a comprehensive one-call experience to meet the various needs of patients, referring providers, and family members.
2. GI Procedure Scheduling -- Responsible for outpatient procedure scheduling to include, multiple types of Colonoscopy, Upper & Lower Endoscopy, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio- Pancreatography, and Endoscopic Ultrasounds in an Outpatient Operating Room setting in Duke Health System and Private Diagnostic Clinic.
3. Provider Template Editing -- An Editor receives, interprets, and executes provider schedule change requests. The schedule change request is submitted to the editor and/or in the case of complex block scheduling, with supplemental spreadsheets and is managed through a custom-built database. The Editor makes the schedule changes in the MaestroCare system using the edit template function.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Referral & Consultative Duties
- Utilize the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to accurately collect necessary and relevant data.
- Provide accurate information to callers regarding the various services, providers, and locations available within the Duke Health System and Private Diagnostic Clinics.
- Triage caller's request by asking questions to determine the appropriate resources or actions to be taken.
- Utilize a one-call resolution technique to meet the caller's needs. When necessary, follow up with the patient after performing additional research or contacting other areas within the health system.
- Schedule new patient appointments for select primary care and specialty care services.
- Provide information and education on the various marketing campaigns being offered by Duke Health. Facilitate patient needs as necessary.
- Monitor voicemail lines that support such services as dukehealth.org, non-Duke providers, and marketing.
- Provide support for class/seminar registrations within Duke Health.
GI Procedure Scheduling Duties
- Determine if ancillary appointments (pre-procedure clinic evaluations, pre-anesthesia testing appointments, etc.) are needed according to scheduling algorithms, patients' medical history and established clinical and facility standards.
- Coordinate both procedures and ancillary visits within a specific period of time established for each procedure.
- Utilize learned-service-specific critical thinking for appropriate procedure with appropriate prep.
- Review work lists and prioritize by Emergent, Urgent, and Routine request.
- Use all available resources to contact the patient, including phone numbers, MyChart account, and email while following compliance guidelines. If the patient is ready to schedule, make the appointment following the scheduling algorithms. Provide detailed information about the reason for the call. Be prepared for questions, remain attentive, and resolve complex tasks.
Template Support Duties
- To recognize and support the templates and fundamentally understand the impact on appointment availability, provider productivity, clinic work flow, clinic staffing, expense and revenue.
- Edit and maintain provider scheduling and procedure templates in MaestroCare in multiple modules (Cadence and OpTime). Understand and follow the template design principles and provider template related policy and procedures. Understand appointment slot designations and visit types to meet business/clinical needs.
- Review work list and prioritize request based on Emergent, Urgent, and Routine request. Coordinate work assignments with team members.
- Create a Service Now ticket to request changes in the master files, such as visit duration or adding blocks to a department/provider, as requested by the specialty, which must be made before the template can be edited. Track the completion of the change, then complete the template build. Run the template exception report to determine if any days have been changed that are outside of the template change request such as holiday's or days and/or times that were previously rescheduled. Ensure that any impacted exceptions are added back to the revised template.
- Notify leadership when changes do not follow expected template build principles, visit durations are extended, or a redesign of the department templates may be needed.
- Ensure that all reschedule lists are distributed, completed, and audited, and that the request is updated in the system and associated paperwork filed.
This is not intended to portray an all-inclusive list of duties.
Required Qualifications at this Level
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. College or completion of post-secondary education is preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of health care related or call center experience. An associate degree or higher may substitute for the experience requirement.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.