Applications Programmer (7300U) 21081
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 30, 2021
The College of Chemistry is comprised of two academic departments (Chemistry and Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering) and six central Dean's Office units, which include nine recharge centers that support research support services. Both disciplines provide the opportunity and means for addressing major scientific and technological challenges, such as climate change, increasing the world's food supply, synthesizing new materials, and discovering and delivering important drugs. The College prides itself on a balanced approach to science, with research areas ranging from experimental to theoretical. Faculty in both departments are engaged in teaching and research in a wide range of applications and sub-disciplines. The two departments are consistently ranked as one of the best, if not the best, in their disciplines world-wide.
The College offers undergraduate degrees in chemistry, chemical biology, and chemical engineering, as well as double majors in chemical engineering and materials science and engineering, and in chemical engineering and nuclear engineering. A new option is a concentration in materials chemistry.
The College offers doctoral programs in chemistry and chemical engineering, and a master's program in chemical engineering, including a concentration in product development. Cross-disciplinary programs are encouraged.
- Negotiates, develops and executes moderately complex test plans.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Trains users in conversion and implementation of system.
- Performs complex data modeling, performance and integration testing and builds interfaces for a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Monitors and employs source code control techniques and configuration management.
- Plans, designs, develop, modify, debugs, deploys and evaluates programs written in ColdFusion and .NET for functional areas.
- Analyzes existing programs or works to formulate logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding, data analysis, and tests/debugs programs through the application of professional programming concepts.
- Provides analysis for the design and use complex relational databases.
- Applies moderately complex programming security practices.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation.
- Recommends and implements changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Negotiates with stakeholders on the creation of software specifications.
- Develops timelines, determines UI preferences, and business requirements.
- Ensures project reports are made.
- Understands and applies industry practices, community standards and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments. Interacts with users and constituents, including senior level internal personnel.
- Serves as the technical lead and program manager for all software development and conversion projects.
- Trains users in conversion and implementation of systems.
- Negotiates project plans with stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of applications programming in .NET.
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with management on a regular basis.
- Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
- Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
- Demonstrated software repository skills.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Thorough experience with common programming tools.
- Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn effectively and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Demonstrated broad problem solving skills.
- Experience and understanding business needs and how business systems can support those needs.
- Possess advanced skills in web applications, web programming language and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in programming for an Oracle Database Management System.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of ColdFusion is preferable.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $93,000.00 - $99,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a part-time (30-hours per week), Career position. This position is eligible for full UC Benefits.
The position can work partially or fully remotely with arrangements for in-person meetings when needed.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=21081&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency