Manager of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Systems
University of Puget Sound
Facilities Administrative E&G
Staff Posting Details Appointment: Regular, Full-Time (1.0FTE)Position Summary:
Under general direction of Associate Vice President for Facilities Services, responsible for perpetual maintenance, repair and replacement of all utility systems, including electric, gas, water, heating/steam distribution, refrigeration and auxiliary enterprise internal mechanical systems/equipment.Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages MEP operations by ensuring quality customer service; developing procedures to ensure prompt repair when required; properly scheduling of planned maintenance; programming major equipment upgrade or replacement.
- Oversees and/or contributes to projects by implementing procedures for soliciting bids; awarding and approving completed work related to MEP systems; coordinating with other departments involved in the projects.
- Provides leadership of assigned personnel by coaching, planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Monitors meters for significant changes indicating possible equipment malfunctions; conducts regular energy audits for campus properties.
- Meets financial objectives by preparing budgets; scheduling and approving expenditures; monitoring and reporting on cost control; conducting budget analysis on mantenance cost, labor, and equipment replacement, initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee approximately (1) supervisor, (6) staff members, oversight of contracted electricians and mechanics.
- As the manager, this position will work as a team member in providing services and support to all areas. This is accomplished through regular meetings and interpersonal relationships in support of the overall strategic objectives.
- In support of the mission and strategic goals of the university, the manager is responsible to develop, sustain, and continually assess and improve the effectiveness of Facilities Services.
- Identify and participate in resolution of departmental/institutional challenges with continuous quality improvement as a goal.
- Work collaboratively with the Facilities Services team in support of our mission.
- Participate in staff meetings, other meetings, and professional development/training workshops and seminars.
- Promote and support a professional environment that welcomes students, faculty, staff, and vendors, and enables them to access our services in an encouraging, organized, effective, and helpful way.
- As a member of the Facilities leadership team, this position is responsible for developing direct reports, managing and measuring work, and building an effective team.
- The manager, in coordination with Human Resources and the associate vice president, will hire, train, conduct performance reviews, take corrective action, provide positive rewards and feedback, and respond to complaints. This includes upholding the standards in the Code of Conduct and other university policies, modeling professionalism in all interactions, and respectfully hearing staff input and concerns either directly or from Human Resources.
Review expenses against budget $100,000 to $500,000
Approve expenditures less than $1,000
Prepare budget requests $1,000 to $500,000Minimum Requirements:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Three years' experience working with a variety of electrical power, fire alarm and control systems in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience with design and construction of underground medium voltage electrical districution.
- Valid driver's license or ability to obtain one.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits
- Five years' experience working in a variety of electrical power and control systems in a supervisory capacity.
- Professional Engineer/state electrician's license.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other technically related field.
: Up to $77,300. Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Required Documents:
Resume Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.Diversity Statement:
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency