Admission & Progression Assistant, Nursing
Starting salary range of $31,800 - $34,980 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on the scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Admissions & Progression Assistant will assist the Admissions & Progressions Coordinator. Some of the key duties include: Greet students and guests, answer the telephone, maintain student files, assist with student needs, etc.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist visitors and prospective students with campus and Nursing program information.
- Receive and route incoming calls and provide general information as requested.
- Prepare rosters from applications to be sent to the Board of Nursing (BON) for FBI/DPS clearance.
- Collect Blue Card and Declaratory Order Outcome letters for the result of the BON roster submission.
- Prepare applicant files and transcripts for review.
- Maintain student files and follow file destruction procedures.
- Verify course enrollment numbers and balance course sections appropriately.
- Track student progression and communicate outcomes to the Director of Nursing and Dean of Nursing & Allied Health.
- Maintains general knowledge of college activities, programs, and requirements.
- Oversees direct mail, telephone, and email follow-up with student prospects and applicants.
- Refers nursing students to appropriate resources to promote student success.
- Assists with student recruitment activities and events.
- Assists in the set-up for nursing pinning ceremonies and other nursing events.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Six (6) months of related work experience
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision
- Proficient use of PCs, online research, word processing, spreadsheets, and network-related software
- Effectively communicate with students, faculty, affiliate, and community agencies and personnel
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6960
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency