ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR LEADERSHIP AND MENTORING
Number of Vacancies:
Rio Grande Valley
Leadership and Mentoring
Scope of Job:
To provide assistance with the direction and oversight of all programs under the Director of Leadership and Mentoring. Assist the Director in providing guidance and assistance in decision making skills in regards to Leadership and Mentoring initiatives.
Description of Duties:
• Oversees the daily operations of the Leadership and Mentoring programs that includes supporting student organizations, leadership, cultural and diversity programing, community service initiatives, family programing, fraternity and sorority life, student government association, involvement ambassadors, and student organization reservations, etc.• Participates in the development of short and long-term plans for the office, including the establishment of annual goals and objectives.
• Provides guidance and support to miscellaneous student engagement programs.
• Assists Director with budgetary responsibilities for assigned programs.
• Researches new grant opportunities to develop new programs.
• Develops plans to assist students to get involved on campus.
• Advises student groups in regards to recruitment, guidance, and compliance with university and national standards.
• Assists the Director in promoting awareness, planning activities and coordinating programs that promote student retention and student success.
• May coordinate special assignments, website updates, and design and development of marketing materials, monthly newsletters and communication with prospective and current students as well as parent and family members.
• Develops and implements procedures and guidelines for student programs and organizations; recommends and interprets university policy, and issues directions for implementation while monitoring and maintaining compliance.
• Engages in appropriate research and assessment on new and first year student needs; conducts learning assessments, program evaluations and student interest surveys on a regular basis.
• Prepares reports and record of activities to ensure progress is being made forward toward specific and department objectives.
• Acts on behalf of Director, in his/her absence; and represents Director at department wide activities/events.
• Assists with the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of assigned professional and support staff.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Educational Leadership, or in a related field from an accredited university from an accredited university.
Three (3) years of experience working with Student Programs or in a counseling area in Higher Education or a closely related area.
Use of standard office equipment, personal computer, and audio/visual equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Commensurate with experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29205
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency