SCHOOL OF MEDICINE PROJECT MANAGER
Number of Vacancies:
School of Medicine / Finance and Administration
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the management, development and coordination of assigned projects for the School of Medicine and UT Health RGV. Will work across departments and areas with internal stakeholders to design and facilitate a broad variety of program initiatives.
Description of Duties:
• Plans, develops, administers and coordinates new or revised projects for the School of Medicine and UT Health RGV. Implements approved project plans, strategies, initiatives, and workplans using a variety of technological aids, including but not limited to PERT charts, Microsoft Project, email, individual and group meetings, and other applications.
• Coordinates project activities through a systematic project management process.
• Oversees daily operations of the assigned area.
• Ensures that specified project goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with strategic priorities, timelines, budget, or other specifications.
• Develops and schedules workplans in accordance with specifications, objectives, and funding requirements.
• Prepares ad hoc reports, data analyses, and financial reports on project activities, progress, status or related special reports for supervisor.
• Coordinates and leads project meetings.
• Evaluates project effectiveness to ensure deadlines and objects are met in a timely fashion.
• Devises and implements evaluation methodologies and criteria. Review project documents to determine acceptance or make decisions pertaining to project objectives.
• Develops and facilitates workshops and meetings to facilitate effective project engagement and communication.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field of discipline from an accredited university.
Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
Preferred: Certified Project Manager (CPM) or other type of certification in project management.
Three (3) years of experience in project management.
Project management experience in healthcare.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner on the phone and in person and demonstrate good use of good written and verbal communication skills. Effective project management skills include the ability to plan, organize, and schedule work in a productive and efficient manner. Ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner. Must be flexible and adaptable to change. Strong multitask skills. Effective organizational skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through and commitment to excellence.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29119
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency