Peer Academic Coach Program Coordinator
St. Edward's University
College Assistance Migrant ProgramPeer Academic Coach Program Coordinator
The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) at St. Edward's University is seeking a Peer Academic Coach (PAC) Program Coordinator to provide academic and mentoring support to our incoming first-year students and to the upper-class coaches.Overview
The Peer Academic Coach Program Coordinator, with the assistance of the CAMP staff, will oversee peer coaching for the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP). Upper-class CAMP students (coaches) will meet weekly with assigned freshman mentees during each semester. Topics range from academic to social transition issues. This is a great experience for graduate students interested in careers in higher education, first-year programs, first-generation students, and mentoring.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit, hire, train, and co-supervise a qualified pool of undergraduate Peer Academic Coaches Support students serving as Peer Academic Coaches to freshman
- Develop presentations and coaching materials for Peer Coaches
- Conduct training at the beginning of the semester and monthly during the semester
- Meet individually with Peer Coaches to assist them with developing personalized learning strategies for their mentees
- Work closely with CAMP professional staff to keep them informed of student's progress Organize regular (weekly, semi-weekly) meetings for Peer Academic Coaches
- Maintain program records, including attendance and notes about student progress Monitor Peer Coaches time and effort
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments to identify areas for improvement
- Administer program evaluations to Peer Coaches to assess program success and modifications Attend regular CAMP staff meetings and training
- Perform other duties as related to CAMP and Peer Academic Coaching Program Position could be continued into Spring 2022
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.HOW TO APPLY
- Bachelor's Degree. Currently enrolled Masters candidate in College Student Development program Prior experience in academic/student services helpful
- Familiarity with supervising college students
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage tasks and projects independently as well as collaboratively with a team Have a sincere desire and commitment to help undergraduate students
- Knowledge of migrant programs helpful Ability to work flexible hours
- Must be available 10-15 hours a week; compensation will range from $23.09/hr. FA21 and SP22.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT CAMP
The College Assistance Migrant Program at St. Edward's University is the longest continuously run program in the country. Founded in 1972, CAMP is dedicated to serving the higher education needs of migrant students at St. Edward's. The program is designed to facilitate the academic, social, emotional, and financial transition during the first year of college for sons/daughters of migrant or seasonal farmworkers.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020127
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency