ATHLETICS EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR
Number of Vacancies:
Scope of Job:
To supervise and coordinate all aspects of equipment, including, but not limited to, planning, ordering, receiving, and ensuring proper use of athletics equipment within the parameters of the department and university purchasing and inventory control guidelines.
Description of Duties:
• Purchases equipment by following the UTRGV purchasing procedures while working in consultation with the head coaches.
• Proposes and implements equipment and apparel policies and procedures, as well as ensuring the proper use of all equipment.
• Creates and maintains database system for managing the distribution of equipment to student athletes, coaches and other department staff.
• Coordinates with the senior associate athletic director for external operations to ensure logo and word marks on apparel comply with department branding standards and institutional guidelines.
• Plans budget for equipment operations and uniform purchases as directed by the senior associate athletic director for business and operations.
• Oversees the organization, distribution, collection, repair, and storage of all equipment as necessary.
• Supervises the laundering of uniforms and equipment.
• Leads assigned staff in laundry details, game procedures, equipment repair and other tasks deemed necessary.
• Coordinates the transportation of equipment for all away games.
• Performs equipment maintenance to ensure safety and expected performance.
• Hires, trains, supervises, and manages temporary staff to aid in functions related to equipment operations.
• Responsible for coordinating the embroidery and screen printing of uniforms.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in sports administration, sports management, or other related field.
Master’s degree from an accredited university in sports administration, sports management, or other related field.
Two (2) years of working in an athletic department or equipment management.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Exposure to outside environments, hot, dry, wet, and cold. Some travel and weekend work may be required. Ability to read and understand label instructions on chemicals. Duties may involve the lifting and moving of heavy objects, stooping, crawling, climbing, reaching, and other activities requiring physical excretion.
Knowledge of practices and procedures used in equipment management and maintenance, including the use of tools. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Commensurate with experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29095
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency