Assistant Director, Outreach and Diversity
Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
The MBA Admissions Office seeks an Assistant Director of Outreach and Diversity to lead the department's efforts to attract and recruit a diverse pool of candidates (broadly-defined) to the MBA program and support the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at the school. In this role, you will help lead the creative vision for diversity recruitment. You will guide the participation of staff, students, and alumni in the implementation of impact-focused DEI programs. You will collaborate closely with all teams within the MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Office as well as other GSB departments, and serve as a liaison with student groups, external partners, and other university stakeholders.
As an Admissions Officer, you will conduct information sessions both on campus and across the globe to recruit prospective candidates. You also will evaluate applications as part of the admissions committee and help enroll those students who are admitted. Your ability to build and cultivate relationships, handle difficult situations with diplomacy, and maintain the strictest confidentiality are essential.
Are you a high achieving professional, with a strong commitment to DEI? Do you have exemplary stamina for delivering sustained change and a deep curiosity about how to assess talent and potential? If so, this may be an ideal role for you.Your primary responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Lead our strategy to recruit top talent from diverse (broadly defined) backgrounds to the GSB MBA program.
- Read, evaluate, interview, and make recommendations on MBA applications and applicants.
- Develop, implement, and refine outreach programs for use in local, national, international, and online settings, with emphasis on supporting diverse communities (broadly defined).
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with candidates, GSB staff, professional organizations, students, and alumni.
- Analyze needs, develop, and manage, and assess admission programs and processes.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to evaluate outreach opportunities and programs.
- Serve as an ambassador for prospective applicants at activities and events, meetings, committees and conferences.
- Support department, GSB, and Stanford University DEI efforts
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience in admissions, recruitment, and/or diversity, equity, & inclusion (DEI).
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences; Public speaking and/or event moderation experience beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills to review and assess complex qualitative and quantitative information
- Demonstrated ability to respect and encourage diverse perspectives
- Fluency in DEI topics and issues
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to create, implement, project manage, and refine programs and processes
Why Stanford is for You
- Advanced degree; MBA preferred
- Experience in diversity recruiting, particularly in higher education settings
- Ability to work evenings or weekends on occasion
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture
that encourages and empowers you.How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency