Facilities Workflow Manager
The mission of the Office of Facilities Planning and Management (OFPM) in the School of Medicine is to plan for and manage the facilities needs of the School of Medicine community in the areas of facilities operations, capital planning and budgeting, projects from programming through occupancy, space inventory, and facility assets.
In the pursuit of this mission, OFPM seeks a Workflow Manager to oversee the School of Medicine's facilities workflow operations. This role will direct the daily work and supervise staff to ensure that facilities needs are met for our buildings and their occupants. The Workflow Manager will build relationships and work with cross-functional teams within OFPM and externally with Stanford Hospital's Operations & Maintenance technicians and vendors to ensure an enhanced customer service experience to our community. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate experience successfully managing a customer facing work team, have expertise working with subcontractors/vendors, and monitoring maintenance project activities. This position will be based on the historic Stanford campus.
To be considered, please include a recent resume and a cover letter that includes why you are interested in this role.
- Coordinate daily activities of assigned shop(s), including: scheduling and assigning work to staff and directing and leading workers in completing assigned work; monitoring work and project activity progress, making necessary changes; completing performance evaluations of assigned staff; performing quality assurance checks, and coordinating health and safety programs and training.
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to coordinate parts and material acquisitions for planned work, including preventive maintenance, moves and special projects as needed. Negotiate with vendors concerning cost, parts needs, status, tracking and follow-up.
- Implement, interpret, and manage policies and procedures pertaining to operations and facilities management.
- Manage service contracts as assigned.
- Coordinate planned maintenance activities with Stanford staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors. Support assigned project activities; ensure compliance with larger unit goals.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Five years minimum experience in a workflow/call center type management role.
- Eight years minimum relevant experience in a dynamic facilities operations and/or maintenance role.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend technical facilities requirements and objectives
- Proficient in creating reports and analysis from a database into Excel.
- Knowledge of technology and tools associated with the management of work control desk operations and reporting.
- Exceptional customer service and project coordination skills
- Prior experience in process improvement and performance metrics a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- A combination of education, training and experience performing responsibilities similar to those listed above.
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, program validation, monitoring of maintenance activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting policies.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions to others.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently sitting, perform desk-based computer tasks, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week for emergency situations.
- May be exposed to noise > 80dB TWA.
- May be working at heights 4 - 10 ft.
- This job requires an onsite presence.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency