Student Services Specialist
School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
The School of Engineering Stanford Engineering
has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Founded in 1965, the Stanford Computer Science (CS) Department continues to lead the world in computer science research and education influencing society at levels that remain without parallel among academic institutions. Its spin-offs are among the most successful corporate ventures in the world, and many of the leaders in the academic and corporate research world are graduates of the Stanford CS Department.
The Department of Computer Science in the School of Engineering seeks a Student Services Specialist
to join its team. The Student Services Specialist reports to the Director of Graduate Admissions/Ph.D. Program Administrator. This position assists in the operations of the graduate admissions and helps with the degree progress of Ph.D. students in the CS Department.
The CS Department is one of the busiest on campus supporting premier faculty with their research and high student demand in both the undergraduate and graduate populations. The department receives approximately 3500 applications for graduate admissions. It has 68 faculty members and around 350 active Ph.D. students.
Computer Science website: http://cs.stanford.edu/ Your responsibilities include:
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials.
- May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by
- hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the
essential functions of his or her job. Work Standards
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Since its founding, Stanford's pioneering spirit has embraced new ways of fulfilling its mission of research, education, and service. Today, we face a future of both promise and peril, marked by a breathtaking pace of change. We need new thinking and new approaches to anticipate and navigate this change, in order to deepen knowledge, address challenges and accelerate our contributions to society. By tapping into the wisdom of our campus community, alumni, and outside perspectives, Stanford leadership has developed a vision to guide our shared journey over the next decade and beyond. We seek talent driven to impact the future of Stanford's legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
How to Apply
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, and course auditing. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service, event and project management, and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency