Research Nurse Practitioner for Precision Mental Health
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University's “Precision Psychiatry and Translational Neuroscience” (PanLab) program is seeking a Nurse Practitioner in Research to apply medical knowledge and experience in an exciting new area of precision medicine for mental health. The position will be under the direction of the PanLab principal investigator. The focus is on administering treatments in the clinical setting, overseeing physical exams, identification and implementation of best clinical practices, ensure the physical safety of all participants, development of study protocols in novel experimental therapeutics research using a precision medicine approach, aligned with the scope of practice delegated responsibilities. The Research Nurse Practitioner will work closely with the clinical lab manager, and research team and would be expected to provide leadership through education, consultation, and research.
Interested candidates should include a CV and Cover Letter addressing how your education and experience relates to the position as described above.
Note: The ideal candidate would be available for full-time work; however, we may be willing to review and accept applications of individuals seeking part-time work.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working within a highly collaborative team of clinicians and researchers focused on a precision medicine approach for mental health
- Ensure the safety of study participants and maintain communication with clinicians.
- Provide clinical and administrative medical support and oversight for experimental therapeutics studies based on a precision medicine approach, consistent with scope of practice; obtain complete study participant history, conduct physical exams, review medical charts, assess findings, prescribe and re-fill medication, and perform designated procedures according to written protocols.
- Evaluates the accuracy of the diagnosis, effectiveness of the interventions, and the plan of care strategies in relation to attainment of expected outcomes. Uses a systematic, ongoing evaluation of the assessment data & outcomes to revise or resolve the diagnoses, outcomes, the plan of care and/or the implementation as needed.
- Collaborate with clinical staff, researchers, outside vendors, and other staff to administer treatment and study protocols.
- Assess, grade, and document adverse events; apply triage and judgment to determine course of action.
- Determine eligibility of potential study participants based on interpretation of lab results and medical history, advise on the plan of care for each participant throughout the period of the study enrollment.
- Oversee and, as needed, administer medications and treatments per study protocol and scope of practice, including new treatments such as transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), ketamine, and off-label antidepressants.
- Sustain a working understanding of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Support leadership in compliance efforts to meet and sustain the regulatory compliance efforts of the department and the hospital. Ability to freely communicate safety and compliance concerns to leadership team members. Comply with institutional policies, standard operating procedures, and guidelines; prepare and submit documentation as required by the study protocol; interpret regulatory requirements. Integrates ethical considerations & research findings into practice.
- Coordinate and collaborate with principal investigator to review study protocol; assess and analyze feasibility, budget monitoring for specific areas of treatment.
- Ensure that all certifications and regulatory requirements are fulfilled in a timely basis.
- Supervise and train non- clinical and clinical staff/students, as needed.
- Maintain study participant records.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Nurse Practitioner with a specialization in Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health.
- Master's degree in nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) doctoral degree.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language (written and oral).
- Excellent clinical care skills (physical assessment, diagnosis, and management of care).
- Combined Proficiency with professional knowledge and clinical ability to provide evaluation and treatment of complex patients/participants.
- Experience and/or strong interest in working in mental health and the emerging integration of mental health with neuroscience-based assessments and new treatments
- Demonstrated capacity to work sensitively and comfortably with patients experiencing symptoms of mental illnesses, especially depression and anxiety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in nursing and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Ability to provide work direction to research support staff, as required by the principal investigator.
- Demonstrated understanding of good clinical practices and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Verbal and written communication skills to convey medical and research-related information to research subjects of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to identify confidential and sensitive information (written and verbal).
- Ability to implement good clinical practices in all interactions with study participants, their families, and colleagues.
- Ability to identify adverse reactions to study treatments and perform the required study protocol documentation to record these activities.
- Ability to implement study protocols with minimal supervision.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the California State Board of Registered Nursing. Certified as Nurse Practitioner by the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
- Current basic CPR certification.
- Eligibility to obtain a Nurse Practitioner Furnishing (NPF) Certificate, in accordance with Business and Professions Code, Section 2836.1. California Code of Regulations, Section 1480, et seq.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, write by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, operate foot and/or hand controls.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), scrub/sweep/mop/chop/mix, operate a manual pipette.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California non-commercial class license and operate vehicle during daylight hours.
- May be required to work with, take specific precautions against, and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- On call 24 hours/day.
- Frequent travel might include international travel
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency