ELSRP Collaboratory Research Assistant
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The Early Life Stress and Resilience Program (ELSRP) in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (ACRC) to support managerial and administrative tasks.
ELSRP's is developing a partnership with a grief center at Columbia University to build a Collaboratory that investigates the relationship and potential treatment options for adults and children in families experiencing trauma and loss. The ACRC will assist in this effort by performing research and administrative tasks related to ELSRP lab and Grief Care Center. Additionally, the ACRC will work with staff and partners in ELSRP's projects on the biological basis of resiliency, community programs, and novel interventions for children and youth. The role of the ACRC includes assisting in liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs are sustainable and compliant with appropriate laboratory and university standards. In addition, other responsibilities include preparing documents and questionnaires, assisting in the writing of grant proposals and training documents, and coordinating meetings. The ACRC will be a vital team member in the development of our Collaboratory, with responsibility for preparing educational materials and with administrative responsibilities related to the development of the Collaboratory.
Opportunities are available to prepare and co-author scientific manuscripts for publication. A successful applicant will have excellent writing skills, experience on behavioral principles. Previous experience working in a team that addresses trauma and/or grief in children and adolescents is a plus. Duties* include:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs sustainability and progress.
- Procure research materials for laboratory work, community programs, and office management.
- Build and manage tools to store qualitative and quantitative data in paper and digital forms.
- Assistance with recruitment efforts
- Solve internal technical concerns and manage technological equipment.
- Produce internal and external data reports.
- processing study compensation payments,
- Prepare documents and questionnaires in paper and digital formats along with drafting letters and other writing materials essential to the Collaboratory and other projects
- Interact with the principal investigators regularly, ensuring participant safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Scheduling and assisting in coordination of Collaboratory and other project meetings with internal and external partners
- Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in a related field EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
General knowledge of medical terminology.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone, and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL)
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford's colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency