School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
At the Stanford Center for Biomedical Research (BMIR)
we develop cutting-edge ways to acquire, represent, and process information about human health. In order to handle the ever increasing amounts of data in healthcare and biomedical research, our faculty, students, and staff investigate and create novel computational, statistical, organizational, and decision-making methods. Our research advances the state of the art in semantic technology, biostatistics, and the modeling of biomedical systems to benefit clinical and translational research as well as patient care.
In the Boussard Lab, we focus on generating and evaluating innovative artificial intelligence (AI) tools to aid in clinical decision support and inform guidance and policy development in healthcare settings. We apply novel machine learning/deep learning methods and natural language processing (NLP) techniques to derive insights from electronic health records (EHRs), administrative claims, disease registries, and patient-reported health outcomes. We develop a range of AI tools for a variety of healthcare applications, including medical diagnostics, treatment protocol development, risk stratification, and clinical trial recruitment. Our research advances the state of the art in biomedical informatics to benefit clinical and translational research as well as patient care. We work in a highly collaborative environment with lab members from a broad range of background and expertise such as computer scientists, statisticians, and medical professionals. The incumbent will work with teams of postdocs and graduate students coming from diverse backgrounds, including computer science, statistics, economics, and medical disciplines. The incumbent will, with some independence, consult with investigators to refine research questions, define hypotheses, design studies and devise analysis plans. We are seeking a team player who would be involved in all aspects of the research, including dissemination and publication of findings.Duties include:
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Design study.
- Develop and implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Select appropriate statistical tools for addressing a given research question.
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Mentor collaborators in areas of experimental design, quality control, and statistical analysis.
- Develop oral and written dissemination of findings for conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Oversee lower-level staff on issues related to quality control and creation of analysis files.
- Collaborating with researchers to design solutions to relevant medical questions and maximize the value of our diverse data sources to the community and medical population
- Determining how to implement and deploy AI solutions into clinical care
- Developing AI tools and integrating them with our internal data management system to automate clinical queries and research questions
- Connecting research data to medical knowledge to streamline the process of answering clinical questions
- Transforming unstructured data to knowledge using innovative natural language processing (NLP) techniques
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- PhD in statistics, biostatistics, biomedical informatics. computer science, health services research
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience with large datasets and database use, particularly electronic medical records
- Experience with healthcare data
- Experience with deep learning approaches
- Industry experience as a data scientist a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field and three years of experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Proficient in at least two of R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in at least one area of expertise, which may include coordinating studies; statistical methodology such as missing data, survival analysis, statistical genetics, or informatics; statistical computing; database design (e.g., expertise in RedCAP or MySQL); graphical techniques (e.g., expertise in Illustrator).
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business cycle needs.
Why Stanford is for you
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency