TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The IR-4 Project is a national Federal/State partnership research program to assist farmers of fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs, ornamentals and other specialty crops by facilitating registration of safe and effective chemical and bio-based pest management products. The IR-4 Project is needed because the crop protection industry focuses their research efforts on major crops such as corn, soybean and cotton that provide the companies adequate return on their development investment.Is Time Limited:
Without IR-4, farmers of specialty crops would only have access to a few crop protection products to protect their crops. IR-4 Project Headquarters (HQ) provides national leadership, coordination and regulatory compliance for the IR-4 Project research activities performed by approx. 125 scientists at over 20 public sector research farms and five analytical laboratories throughout the United States.
IR-4 Project is seeking a highly-motivated student to the project with general administrative and business tasks, program planning, logistics, and some coordination of events and communications. including but not limited to:
● Assisting with day-to-day operations and tasks of the office and research group.● Assisting with purchasing, scheduling events, sending calendar invites, event space reservation and rental, providing meeting support such as AV set-up, and processing event paperwork.● Maintaining and scheduling HQ meetings on the projects’ Google Calendar.● Creating, updating, and sending agendas and materials for meetings, taking meeting minutes and attendance when needed.● Offering support of and troubleshooting Google applications, creating meeting invitations, etc., supporting staff with Zoom calls.● Mailing/shipping items and documents as needed.● Researching and responding to questions and inquiries from the public, partners, and team members as needed.● Assisting with various communications tasks as needed, such as contributing to our social media content calendar.● Scanning old documents for digital retention and archival.
This position is for students with majors in horticulture, entomology, plant biology, chemistry, agricultural science or a related field.
NoJob City & State:
IR-4 ProjectClassification Title:
Temporary Office/ClericalWorking Title:
Temporary IR-4 Project Business & Events Operations AsstWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 20/hrs per week Other Work/Responsibilities:Minimum Experience/Education:
Department Required Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and currently enrolled in a post-secondary (undergraduate or graduate) education majoring in horticulture, entomology, plant biology, chemistry, agricultural science or a related field
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Google suite applications, Adobe PDF, WordPress and Zoom
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail, follow-through and communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Must be flexible and open to working with a diverse staff, University/College faculty, and other organizations
- Must be self-motivated to accomplish job responsibilities
Required License or Certification:Valid NC Driver's License required?:
- Majoring in horticulture, entomology, plant biology, chemistry, agricultural science, or a related field
- Background/Interest in agriculture
- Knowledge of NC State’s financial system
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.