PG191080EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Director of Athletic Communications Anticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experienceWork Schedule:
M-F 8am-5pm with nights, weekends and holidays as neededJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
AthleticsAbout the Department:
Athletics Communications Department designs, writes and produces all media guides, news releases and other printed materials. They report statistics and information to ACC and NCAA offices. Coordinate and respond to all media inquiries.Essential Job Duties:
The Assistant Director of Communications is responsible for creating media awareness, producing publications and publicity and working to extend the brand and message of NC State University Athletics. The position will serve as the primary athletics communications contact for multiple sports.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary media relations and communications contact for volleyball, softball and other sports as assigned.
- Serve as primary NC State Athletics liaison between assigned sport programs and national, regional and local media, as well as the ACC Network.
- Serve as point person for creative process for assigned sports, overseeing social media plan and flow of social content with Creative Services team (design and video)
- Develop communications strategies to reach national and regional media and supporters to generate revenue consistent with the mission of NC State Athletics.
- Develop and provide media training/instruction to student-athletes, coaches and administration.
- Research, write and release a high volume of sports publications and other materials as directed to the appropriate media, conference and national offices, websites, etc.
- Oversee management of press-box at various on-campus sporting events including hiring, supervision and instruction for all applicable game staffing, logistics and technical requirements.
- Serve as host to members of the media at games and events.
- Coordinate media operations at all home events for assigned sports.
- Travel with the softball team to all away contests and select road volleyball matches.
- Report statistics and information to Atlantic Coast Conference and NCAA offices.
- Nominate and promote student-athletes for conference, regional and All-America honors.
- Assist with content/maintenance of the GoPack.com athletics website, as well as photography archives.
- Promote the overall vision for volleyball, softball, rifle and entire athletics program.
- Maintain knowledge of the rules and policies of the NCAA, ACC and University as it relates to this position to insure compliance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Adhere to all institution, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Report all known NCAA violations in accordance with institutional, conference and NCAA policies and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.Other Required Qualifications:
Minimum of two years experience in sports information/athletic media relations.
Must be familiar with InDesign and Photoshop.Preferred Qualifications:
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in an athletics communications office at a four-year college or university. Required License(s) or Certification(s):
Preference for those with specific experience with assigned sports.
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
07/14/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach resume and contact information for three (3) professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
105002 - Athletics-Internal/External OperationsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.