PG191074EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Analyst/Programmer IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
$70,000 - $80,000Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Outreach, Comm & ConsultingAbout the Department:
Outreach, Communications and Consulting (OCC) is a unit within NC State’s Office of Information Technology (OIT). Its primary function is to foster engagement and open communications between OIT and the NC State community it serves. OCC coordinates a wide range of activities and provides training, consulting, web and application development, media production and information services to enhance the use of technologies on campus. Essential Job Duties:
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and maintain Office of Information Technology’s mobile applications and associated databases and web infrastructure. OnCampus iOS and Android; ConfBoard, Pack TV, NC State TV, and WolfBytes TV for Apple tvOS and Roku; WebFramz for iOS; the campus Mobile API and campus Dining API. The position serves as a gatekeeper for campus applications submitted to the Apple App Store and Google Play by compiling, testing, submitting, providing vendor feedback and managing statistics from Apple, Google Analytics, and App Figures for apps submitted by other university app developers.
Technical Solutions Development
Planning and Organizing
- Serve as a member of a team of application analysts and/or programmers.
- Design, build and/or implement practical, cost effective business solutions. These solutions must seamlessly integrate within a technically complex enterprise system that has broad and institution-wide impacts.
- Research and/or develop new technologies and keep abreast of new technologies to evaluate feasibility for organizational needs.
- Assist management in translation of organizational technical goals into operational plans.
- Interpret complex business processes and technological functions and provide input to management and customers on the appropriate resource and technology for automated solutions.
- Ensure that application development efforts align closely with business requirements, from design to delivery, and that applications are user friendly, scalable, secure, and can be efficiently maintained once deployed.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications’ technical and functional capabilities and weaknesses.
- Use persuasion and negotiation to build cooperation and consensus towards decisions.
- Work effectively across customer and technical teams, and the university community to understand and communicate requirements, status updates, issues, problems, and solutions with a focus on more detailed, “closer to the ground” issues.
- Promote positive team relationships and mentor technical team members to ensure team knowledge transfer and growth.
- Prepare and present detailed development and/or implementation plans for projects and monitor project status.
- Aid in long-term project planning for research/development projects.
- Assist or advise management in the assignment of resources to project or support tasks based on availability and skillset.
- Prepare or maintain project plans for tasks that encompass the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) within assigned technical areas.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the SDLC at NC State University combined with outstanding organization and communication skills.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of software development project management methodologies and tools (Swift, Xcode, Android Studio, GitHub, etc) and a complete understanding of project expectations and procedures.
- Apply knowledge and skills to troubleshoot complicated problems and provide timely resolution.
- May be asked to provide guidance to other team members on complex issues.
- Complete detailed analysis and solutions development, regression testing, performance testing and quality assurance testing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and communicate status in a timely manner to stakeholders.
- Prepare accurate and complete migration requests. Understand and follow development and change management standards.
- Customer Service
- Promote positive customer relationships and mentor others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish a positive and proactive relationship by demonstrating ownership and knowledge of customer business processes and issues.
- Assist customers with defining requirements, implementing solutions, testing, and responding to problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Serve in Administrator role for Apple Developer Program, Google Play store, Roku store, and Apple Enterprise program
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency in relevant technologies, e.g: Apple Mobile Development with Xcode, Swift and Swift UI; Android Mobile Development with Android Studio, Eclipse and Java; and working knowledge of application delivery with App Store, Google Play, and iTunes Connect.
- Ability to work with various levels within customer and IT organizations including management and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical subjects including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards such as OIT change management/source control, Section 508 (accessibility), NC Records Retention and Disposition Standards, NC IT audit standards and any applicable federal data protection standards (FERPA, HIPAA, ISO 27002, NIST 800-53, etc.)
- Project management, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage project work and support tasks concurrently, to manage large and complex projects, to assist management with task assignments, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Ability to implement and enforce strict quality control standards, enforcing appropriate separation of duties while maintaining efficiency.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- iOS/iPadOS programming experience with Swift and Swift UI.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
07/15/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Links to repos with code samples are appreciated.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
514001 - Outreach, Comm & ConsultingAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.