Requisition Number:31843Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Temporary StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:16-Aug-2021Date Posted:04-Aug-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado’s Performance Nutrition Department is looking for a Barista and Cafe Attendant
to join our team. This position is primarily responsible for providing a high-class service to Athletic Department Staff and Guests and employees of the CU Sports Medicine & Performance Center. We are looking for baristas with prior experience to provide an excellent, and timely service as well as attending to other assigned responsibilities from the Executive Chef or Director of the performance nutrition department. The ideal candidate is diligent, hardworking and has a positive demeanor. To excel in this position, you will need a high level of customer service skill and a willingness to meet requests quickly and politely. You will also need to be comfortable in a kitchen setting to assist with food preparation as directed. An excellent candidate will have the ability to create weekly drink specials and improve menu offerings based on customer feedback.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreAs one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Make and serve specialty coffee and tea beverages.
- Assist with kitchen duties including food preparation and cooking.
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service standards as appropriate.
- Speak and interact with both new and regular customers.
- Communicate with kitchen staff to ensure accurate stock of food items.
- Follow correct recipes and presentations for food and beverage items.
- Knowledge of food safety and exercise accurate safe food handling procedures.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and organized work station.
- Keep accurate inventory of goods used for service.
What You Should Know
- Work schedule: M-F 7:00AM-4PM, weekends and nights as needed.
What We Can Offer
- The hourly rate is $16.50.
BenefitsTemporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave. Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.What We Require
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Barista and line cook experience preferred.
What You Will Need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Positive references from previous employers.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Punctual & reliable.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 1-2 years of work experience in food service / café / barista.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling per operational needs.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 16, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]