Requisition Number:31924Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Research FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:14-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Department of Biochemistry at the University of Colorado at Boulder has established a shared Cell Culture Facility, Flow Cytometry Facility, and Biophysics Instruments Pool to give researchers and students access to top-notch, state-of-the-art methods and instruments for cellular and in vitro research.
We are encouraging applications for a highly motivated individual to fill an entry-level position to assist in the daily routine operations of the three facilities. On-the-job training and supervision will be provided.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreSince 1986, Biochemistry at the University of Colorado at Boulder has offered a world-class interdisciplinary research environment in a beautiful mountain setting. Faculty include a Nobel Laureate, five members of the National Academy of Sciences, three Howard Hughes Investigators, and many other esteemed scientists who have established themselves as research leaders within biochemistry.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Recording of instrument use and maintaining instrument logs.
- Routine maintenance/cleaning of instruments including centrifuges, rotors, sonicators, calorimeters, spectrometers, etc. and associated cuvettes and consumables (training will be provided).
- Preparation of buffers, test samples, and growth media for cultured cells.
- Sterilization of biohazardous waste after proper training.
- Sterile aliquoting of materials in a biological safety cabinet.
- Moving and handling various gas cylinders.
- Receiving packages and properly storing temperature-sensitive materials.
- Recycling of appropriate materials.
- After training, provide orientation to new users on the correct operation of instruments as well as proper technique.
- Provide sample support in Flow Cytometry (training will be provided).
What We Can OfferThe salary range is $35,568-$39,000. BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We RequireBachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology or related field.What You Will Need
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and concentrate on routine tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A flexible and proactive attitude combined with an ability to multitask on various projects.
- Must be comfortable working with hazardous chemicals and biohazardous material in a safe way (training will be provided).
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and to work standing for longer periods of time.
- Familiarity with basic chemicals.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with using scientific instruments and methods.
- Experience working with sterile technique, cell lines and biosafety cabinets.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume/CV: Please include name, address, daytime telephone number and email address for three professional references.
- Cover Letter: specifically addressing the job requirements and qualifications as outlined in the job posting.
Review of applications will begin August 2nd and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Annette ErbsePosting Contact Email: [email protected]