Job no: 501622
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Manager, Data and Technology
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Responsible for procuring and managing key foundation databases and strategically using these databases to achieve foundation goals. Responsible for procuring and maintaining other key technological assets and working collaboratively with Foundation teams to ensure that all technology assets are used productively and strategically.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Deep understanding of Raiser’s Edge and other industry-standard databases.
• Understanding of how non-profits can use data to improve strategy and tactics; incorporates this understanding into strategy and tactics.
• Ability to onboard staff onto new technological platforms; demonstrates patience and persistence when doing so.
• Ability to maintain database integrity, accuracy and efficacy.
• Familiarity with applicable data management laws, regulations and requirements and their impact on compliance; ability to institute necessary procedures, policies, and practices to comply with applicable data-related laws, regulations, and requirements. Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted fundraising protocols and best practices, reporting standards, and data management guidelines.
• Understands and effectively manages group dynamics and ambiguity; maintains confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
• Embraces diverse viewpoints and works with colleagues in a spirit of partnership and transparency.
• A highly energetic, motivated self-starter with the creative drive to generate new ideas and strategies that make the Foundation more efficient and effective.
• Builds positive and effective relationships and teams internally and with key Foundation stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly diligent about time and project management; works independently and effectively prioritizes workload.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Thinks strategically; develops options to address foundation needs and solve problems.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, plus 3-5 years of experience in a related field, or Associate degree plus 5-7 years of experience in a related field. At least 2 years of direct experience managing a fundraising database is required.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience using Raiser’s Edge.
• Official transcripts are required. *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ******
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead database administration, preferably Raiser's Edge, and other Blackbaud solutions (e.g., NetCommunity, Online Express, ResearchPoint PaperSave, document imaging - data enrichment, and AwardManagement).
• Serves as the Foundation database expert for the Raiser’s Edge donor database, ensures accurate and consistent information management and process improvement.
• Collaborates with Deputy Director in the development and implementation of database best practices and standards, policies, and procedures relevant to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities and database utilization.
• Oversees training curriculum for new and existing Raiser’s Edge users; leads team trainings, workshops, and outreach. Trains users on the functionality, standards, and proper use of the database to ensure that team members are able to use database assets and contribute to their development.
• Maintains Foundation databases and activates them as a valuable Foundation asset.
• Maintains detailed documentation of internal business processes and workflows related to the database and other support applications.
• Supports the data needs of the Foundation and various campus units, prepares lists and generates ad-hoc and standard analytical, statistical and financial reports to accurately, clearly, and effectively present desired data.
• Assists in the preparation of internal and external benchmarking surveys, and financial, management, and summary reports.
• Maintains the structure of the database, including attributes, business rules, code tables, and other related functions, and ensures successful and seamless integration, communication, and feeds between database and other support applications.
• Conducts routine and scheduled database integrity checks and maintenance, and coordinates system upgrades, as released, with appropriate internal and external resources.
• Maintains confidentiality of database records, ensures information security procedures are in place.
• Oversees workflow in a time sensitive environment with rigorous demands and tight deadlines and works collaboratively with team to ensure the achievement of Foundation goals and objectives.
• Performs a wide range of administrative and logistical tasks to support the daily workflow of Foundation fundraising and initiatives.
• Assists team members with basic operations and technology needs.
• Maintains the highest ethical standards and adherence to applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 15 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time