Job no: 501619
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
>Assists with individual donor and foundation cultivation and development on behalf of Dallas College; ensures timely and high-quality submission of donor reports; assists with donor outreach, scheduling, events, and other activities necessary to successfully raising funds for strategic and high-value Dallas College initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to creatively implement new strategies and procedures that drive development goals.
- Familiarity with key issues related to philanthropy, higher education, community colleges, economic mobility, workforce development and/or other subject matters that are important to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills; ability to develop positive relationships with diverse stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College and philanthropic communities.
- Understands and effectively manages group dynamics and ambiguity; maintains confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
- Embraces diverse viewpoints and works with colleagues in a spirit of partnership and transparency.
- A highly energetic, motivated self-starter with the creative drive to generate new ideas and strategies that deliver results for the development team.
- Builds positive and effective relationships and teams internally and with key Foundation stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly diligent about time and project management; works independently and effectively prioritizes workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Thinks strategically; develops options to address foundation needs and solve problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of experience in related field(s), or Associate degree plus 3-5 years of experience in related field(s). Official transcripts are required.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages outreach to the philanthropic community and to specific high-priority donors and foundations.
• Implements a creative and comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors, as well as maintain engagement with current donor base.
• Develops solicitation-tracking schedules to ensure appropriate, timely solicitation and closure of pledges and asks. This may include but is not limited to:
o Launching, managing, tracking, and reporting on the annual employee giving campaign, including coordination with Dallas College campuses.
o Assisting with the management of donor societies and affinity groups, and the promotion of employee, individual and community giving programs.
o Working across teams to assist Dallas College with the development of scholarship policies and procedures that preserve donor interests while remaining in compliance with financial and federal aid policies.
• Completes timely and high-quality donor reports; liaises in a collaborative manner with required internal and external staff to do so.
• Assists the Sr. Director of Development and other Foundation staff as needed.
• Maintains the highest ethical standards and adherence to applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 15 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time