The Newman Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Denver is currently seeking part-time House Managers to assist with the execution of events at the Newman Center.
House Managers are responsible for assisting with a variety of front of house operations at the Newman Center.
These are non-benefited, part-time positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Support the Newman Center with front of house event operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Contribute to a welcoming environment and excellent customer service for all Newman Center participants and patrons.
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies as well as a variety of patron needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Volunteer management
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Prior experience in customer service or retail.
- Ability to work on his/her/their feet for extended periods, navigate stairs and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in front of house management in a performing arts venue preferred.
- Crowd management experience
Part-time, hours will vary. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The hourly range for this position is $18.00-$20.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.