Financial Aid Representative Location:
Clayton State University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
This position is responsible for the front desk operations for the Office of Financial Aid. As such, this position is the main point of contact for all visitors to this office virtual, in person, by phone, email, and through chat.
- Responsible for assisting all virtual or walk-in visitors, answering all phone calls, emails and chats by providing information regarding federal, state, institutional, and departmental regulations covering all federal financial aid, state financial aid, Veterans Education Benefits, scholarship information, account information, etc.
- Refers students to in-house personnel as well as other departments on campus as appropriate.
- Reviews verification documents submitted for completion and accuracy. Relays all system comments and messages to students as appropriate including confidential information.
- Assist students by explaining procedures required to complete all steps in the financial aid process including completing the FAFSA, accepting loans, completing Entrance/Exit Counseling, signing the MPN, requesting SAP Appeals, etc.
- Assist with logging/imaging documents received via email and fax as needed.
- Responsible for office social media maintenance and daily postings including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum associate's degree preferred.
- Three years of general office/clerical work experience.
- Knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and basic office equipment (Microsoft Office products and Banner experience preferred).
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret complex institutional, state, and federal regulations; exercise independent judgment in making some decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability in providing excellent customer service in a high traffic area while providing information that may not be well-received.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.