Coordinator, Academic Testing Center (ATC)Position Number:
Non-Union Non-Classified StaffPay Grade Level:
7Pay Grade Range:
$38,579 - $80,969 (salary will be prorated to reflect 17.50 Hours per week work schedule)Status :
Academic Year, Part-time, PermanentDepartment:
Provost for Academic AffairsContact(s):
(Please note: Applications must be submitted directly online only at: https://jobs.uri.eduCampus Location:
NoExtension Contingency Notes:
Position is part-time -17.50 hrs/wk, Academic Year, permanent.Duties and Responsibilities:
BASIC FUNCTION: Required Qualifications:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Academic Testing Center (ATC) and the Director of the Office for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning, work in conjunction with the Assistant Director to oversee daily operations of the ATC. Responsible for administrative duties such as preparing for daily testing sessions, checking in students for testing sessions, supervising the proctoring staff, proctoring exams, responding to faculty and student questions, and reporting any issues to the Assistant Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Review instructor testing requests, flag issues and follow up with faculty. Prepare for testing sessions by printing and collating materials for student exams. Check in students for testing sessions. Proctor exams: observe students to ensure academic integrity. In cases of misconduct, address student, complete incident report, and alert faculty. Monitor video surveillance of testing center during exam sessions. Facilitate smooth operation of Center and high-level service through timely and appropriate phone call and email correspondence. Assist Faculty who come to ATC to pick up completed exams. Maintain student privacy. Assist Assistant Director with office administrative duties such as ordering supplies, scheduling, etc. In absence of Assistant Director, oversee daily operations of Testing Center including supervision of proctors. Due to nature of structured testing schedule, emphasis on dependability and timeliness.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers; word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; web-based forms, surveys, and applications (such as Google apps.)
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years’ experience in education OR a Master’s degree in related field.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage instances of academic misconduct.
3. Demonstrated organizational skills.
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
7. Demonstrated experience in using web-based applications (such as Google apps).
8. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
9. Demonstrated attention to detail.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Demonstrated understanding of testing protocols.
2. Demonstrated experience working with individuals with disabilities.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY
ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
07/28/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).