Associate Athletic Therapist (Basketball)Position Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
9Pay Grade Range:
$48,371 - $72,482Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, LimitedDepartment:
Please note: Applications must be submitted directly online only at: https://jobs.uri.eduCampus Location:
NoExtension Contingency Notes:
This position is full-time calendar year, limited to 06-30-2022 with anticipated renewal.Job Description Summary:
BASIC FUNCTION: Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries to those athletes involved in Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Rhode Island.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Required Qualifications:
Manage the athletic injuries under the direct supervision of Team and consulting physicians.
Assist with the supervision and management of the co-educational athletic treatment facilities including Tootell, the Ryan Center and satellite facilities.
Provide athletic training coverage for Division 1 Basketball team(s) including pre-season, in-season, post-season, off-season, weekends and holidays.
Assist with capital equipment, inventory, budgeting and ordering of supplies as required.
Assist with the NCAA and Athletic Department drug testing programs.
Assist with other Athletic Department and Sports Medicine Department policy and procedures development.
Travel with the basketball team(s) as necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain and update medical records and procedures as needed.
Maintain and update athletic insurance claims procedures through Sports Medicine Department.
Coordinate, organize and facilitate all medical appointments for team members.
Assist with internships/externships within Sports Medicine Department.
Assist with educational programs and informational upgrades to sports medicine Page of Athletic Department website.
Maintain status in good standing with National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA) and RI State Licensing requirements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Certification by NATA; Eligibility for RI State Athletic Training License.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in athletic training, physical education or a related field.
2. Earned certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association.
3. Demonstrated eligibility for Rhode Island Athletic Trainers’ Licensure.
4. Minimum of two years of professional athletic training experience at the collegiate or professional level.
5. Demonstrated athletic training experience working with Division I basketball and/or professional basketball teams.
6. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present detailed studies and reports, including recommendations concerning the substance of the studies..
9. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Earned additional supplemental credentialing (e.g., Emergency Medical Technician, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, etc.).
2. Demonstrated administrative experience with all aspects of athletic insurance claims and processing procedures.
3. Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of athletic training-related software (including IMPACT, SIMS, Vivature or other athletic training-related software.)
4. Demonstrated experience with budgetary processes including bids, ordering, purchasing, repair requisitions, etc.
5. Demonstrated experience with general drug testing policies and procedures, including NCAA annual testing program.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is subject to both inside and outside work and extreme cold and hot temperatures can be encountered. this position involves traveling throughout the University and could, on occasion, require physical activities such as bending, teaching, ascending and descending stairs, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.Posting Date:
07/28/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).