Job location: Killeen TAMUCT Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-039710 Job Title
Learning Management System CoordinatorAgency
Texas A&M University - Central TexasDepartment
Technology Enhanced LearningProposed Minimum Salary
$3,375.00 monthlyJob Location
Killeen, TexasJob Type
The Learning Management System Coordinator, under general supervision, manages support and processes in the use of the adopted Learning Management System (LMS). Coordinates special projects and initiatives related to the LMS. Develops and performs assessment of effective third party educational technology integrations in the LMS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages LMS support personnel in providing effective technical support in the use of the LMS and third party applications.
- Liaises with LMS vendors to pursue functional improvement and technical issues with the system. Liaises with third party vendors to optimize LMS integrations and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collects and analyzes customer feedback and follows-up where appropriate to ensure end user satisfaction with the LMS and third party applications. Communicates LMS issues and updates to end users.
- Attends to escalated LMS and third party application technical issues. Utilizes prior knowledge gained from incidents to process documentation, and shares/communicates with the Helpdesk and faculty as appropriate.
- Performs proactive ongoing evaluations of LMS and related processes to identify areas in need of improvement.
- Assists/leads special projects related to the LMS or third party integrated educational technology (i.e., content repository, University portal, etc.).
- Develops and coordinates first level and trains trainers in initial rollouts of new LMS functionality and new third party LMS integrations.
- Assists with the setup of courses in preparation for new academic terms.
- Coordinates assisting Student Access and Success with student support questions related to the LMS.
Education - Bachelor's degree in Educational Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience - Three years of related experience in managing technology resources related to learning management systems, including evaluating effectiveness for end users and planning for future improvements.
Knowledge of- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of learning management systems and third party teaching and learning tools.
Ability to - Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to analyze information, document conclusions, and develop recommendations. Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical personnel. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
Licensing I Professional Certification - None.
Physical Requirements - Ability to exert light force.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.