DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver Department: Facilities ManagementJob Title: Pipe/Mechanical Trades IPosition #785995 – Requisition #22077* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Who We Are:
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. Facilities Management has an opening for a full-time, State Classified Pipe/Mechanical Trades I position.Job Summary:
The Pipe/Mechanical Trades I position provides maintenance, repair, and operations services (MRO) for all University of Colorado Denver (UCD) buildings at the Anschutz and Downtown Campuses on a twenty-four-hour basis. Responsible for providing utility and facility support for a research, learning and student housing facility, in a manner that promotes the UCD mission of health care, education, and research. This class describes the full-operating level.This Pipe/Mechanical Trades I position:
Works day shift and supports the 24 X 7 UCD student housing operation Provides excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and contractors: building relationships by respectfully offering timely quality servicePerforms limited preventive and corrective building system maintenance i.e., HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.Utilizes BAS to monitor systems’ operations and documents work in the CMMS Is subject to mandatory call-in for snow removal services Examples of Work Performed:Zone Preventative Maintenance (45%)
Performs preventive maintenance on assigned equipment, which may include the following: furniture, finishes, faucets, pipes, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines, and ceiling lights in residential unitsCommunicates with workgroup and stakeholders vocally and through email, text messaging and university provided cell phoneSets priorities based on urgency and makes or coordinates repairsEvaluates operations and implements recommendations to prevent failures, and improve efficiency of systems and processesMaintains collaborative work environment to enhance workgroup performance Zone Corrective Maintenance (30%)
Communicates with stakeholders during planning, execution and close out to ensure issues are resolved with timely quality serviceInspects, installs, and repairs MEP systems, furniture, fixtures and accessories Performs limited mechanical and electrical troubleshooting on building systems Coordinates extensive repairs with UCD trades and contractors Provides thorough work and expense reports in CMMSAdministrative (20%)
Assists with student move in/out activities Supports summer turn for unit furniture and finish renewalSupports student initiatives and leadership requests for changeEmergencies, Special Events, and Other Duties (5%)
Assists in mitigation and remediation of system failures; fires, floods, snow removal, etc.Supports special events both in preparation and during the event May be assigned other duties as requiredSalary & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $3,775 - $4,173 per month (or $45,300 - $50,076 per year)
- *The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions and/or in recognition of prior and applicable skills, experience, certifications, etc...
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
- Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
- Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
- Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
QualificationsPlease make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Minimum Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible pipe and/or mechanical trades experience related to HVAC, electrical, mechanical or plumbing.
- Substitution: Successful completion of a formalized plumbing, pipefitting, steamfitting, or heating, ventilation and air conditioning apprenticeship program, or higher level, non-correspondence course work in the same fields from an accredited vocational school or university may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis
Conditions of Employment:
- Experience using computers to monitor buildings tied into Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Experience fixing and maintaining equipment and machinery
- Experience keeping activity logs
- Experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Must be a resident of the state of Colorado at the time of application
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver’s License.
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test.
Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies.
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to climb, crawl, kneel, bend and reach above shoulders on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to push and pull on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to use manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination and near vision on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to use far vision on a frequent basis.
- Must be willing and able to use hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow, rain, heat, and cold.
- Must be willing and able to work with chemicals/solvents.
- Must be willing and able to work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous chemicals or infectious materials.
- Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment and work around machinery or moving equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work around noise/vibrations.
- Must be willing and able to work alone, above ground and in small confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb on scaffolds/ladders.
- Must be willing and able to work straight or rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- NOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel, “Subject to call 24 hours per day, seven days per week” and may be required to carry a pager. Position may also be required to “Stay over late” or “Come in early” to “Cover” shifts, as needed and may be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact info for emergency call-in purposes.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Experience that demonstrates strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors
- Mechanical Ability
- Physical Ability
- Planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
Facilities/Labor,Trades & CraftsPrimary Location:
Jul 14, 2021Unposting Date:
Jul 29, 2021, 12:59:00 AM