DescriptionHuman Resources Manager (Talent Acquisition Manager) Central Human Resources Position # 00300567-Requisition # 22093Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2Denver: https://www.ucdenver.edu/coronavirus
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:Anschutz Campus
– Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus
- Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration
– Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptionsThe University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Talent Acquisition position. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of functional work units, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes and the supervision of professional and support staff. Position reports to the Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation and provides oversight and leadership for talent acquisition and job evaluation programs and management of the HR Talent Acquisition Consultants.The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
Position analyzes the success and effectiveness of talent acquisition and job evaluation programs for the campus; reviews processes and workflow and identifies alternatives and improvements; provides leadership, guidance and training to unit staff; develops performance and project plans and evaluates performance; troubleshoots complex job evaluation and recruitment scenarios with team; coordinates and retains related metrics, reports, and statistical information. Position supervises 8 talent acquisition consultants and a Talent Acquisition Specialist. Position works closely with the Sr. Director and proposes strategies and process improvements that will benefit the team and stakeholders. Establishes plan to meet unit and department goals and works closely with consultants to implement new initiatives and processes.This position is eligible for fully remote work initially and then a hybrid work schedule which consists of two days per week on campus and as-needed for in-person meetings.Examples of Work:
Continuously evaluate and improve and evolve the recruitment process to ensure that it is highly efficient while also compliant with OFCCP requirements and includes active sourcing for hard to fill positions or where there is a request for support in this area.Ensures current resources are fully utilized Position inspires others to contribute to the achievement of department strategies and initiatives and works through change.Provides coaching, mentoring and training for talent acquisition staff Works closely with other HR units on overlapping duties to ensure maximum efficiencies.Provides back-up to Sr. Director on faculty related duties including advising on recruitment, selection, job evaluation, and compensation strategies, and offer letter guidance/review.Supports a culture and climate conducive to high impact teamwork and customer service which involves innovation and continuous improvement Represents and partners with Sr. Director on committees, working groups, special projects and new initiatives.Works closely with talent acquisition team and Sr. Director and provides recommendations for strategic direction for talent acquisition and job evaluation activities.Evaluate and develop work processes and utilize technology to its fullest Advise campus departments on talent acquisition strategies and processes to ensure a highly qualified and diverse applicant pool.Lead the unit in providing training to campus constituents and communication in a variety of human resources areas including search committee best practices, fair employment practices, talent acquisition strategies, job evaluation, etc.Stay up to date on federal, state and University requirements and update talent acquisition processes accordingly to ensure compliance.Collaborate with the Office of Equity and Office of Diversity to ensure recruitment work supports and contributes to campus diversity and inclusion efforts Provide direct supervision of the talent acquisition team functions.Manage the day-to-day activities of the team, including prioritizing work assignments and serving as an escalation point for critical issuesSalary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $80,000-$94,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck.The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- The position requires five years of extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for talent acquisition and three years of direct supervisory/management experience or team lead experience.
- Four years of human resources management/supervisory experience in recruitment will substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis but not for the specific supervisory/management or team lead experience.
- Three years of direct management experience of recruiters.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully manage people, projects and change Experience with job evaluation
- Experience with full cycle recruitment including sourcing candidates.
- Professional human resources experience in a higher education setting.
- Certification in one or more of the following: PHR, SPHR, SHRM
- Master’s degree in human resources, business management, public administration or closely related field
- Experience with recruitment, selection and job evaluation for classified staff including knowledge of related personnel board rules and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leaders to achieve organizational objectives, negotiate in a complex environment, and proven ability to execute objectives.
- Demonstrable competence in strategic thinking, strategic planning, innovative thinking, and analyzing and resolving complex problems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, job evaluation, and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jul 15, 2021Unposting Date: