DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Dental MedicineProgram Assistant IPosition #00211918 – Requisition #22114* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Who We Are:
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colo2071rado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here
. School of Dental Medicine has an opening for a full-time, State Classified Program Assistant I position.Job Summary:
This position exists to: 1) Assist the Department Chair with administrative functions for the Department of Surgical Dentistry. 2) Assist the Department Chair with timely communication to students, faculty and staff, 3) Coordinate student and faculty affairs in the department, 4) Monitor and advise the Department Chair on fiscal matters, and 5) Advise the Department Chair on strategic planning. This position also acts as a representative and central liaison for the department between the faculty, students, other SODM departments, campus offices, organizations, and outside constituencies. This position helps the Chair to maintain an environment that is collegial, respects diversity, treats faculty, staff and learners fairly, and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation is vital to this position. This position aids faculty in support of academic mission, materials and support.Examples of Work Performed:Department Management (45%)
Serve as the main point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies. Provides support services in the areas of budget and fiscal management, public and community relations, faculty affairs, general business administration, academic support and/or student affairs. Responsible for directly assisting the Department Chair. These duties include:
Communicating (verbally and written) with faculty, staff and studentsAssisting with the Chair’s, division heads, program directors, associate and assistant professors travelAssisting with coordinating the Chair’s, Program Director and Sr. Associate Dean calendarsGenerating and updating office academic materials.Assisting with pay issues, leaves, training, credentialing, etc. Coordinating department activities (remediation sessions, exam proctoring, meetings, etc.) for faculty and students Making all purchases to keep department operationalReallocating purchases in accounting system (myConcur)Initiating, overseeing and following through on the completion and submission of credentialing packets of department full and part time faculty. Maintaining and updating materials and information pertaining to department accreditationAssisting in the process of attaining and/or updating badges for faculty Faculty Support, Compliance, and Project Leadership (40%)
Provide administrative and academic materials support to all faculty in the Department of Surgical Dentistry. Monitor and ensure faculty compliance with Federal and State mandates, University, and School of Dental Medicine policies and procedures, and required certification and training. Coordinates credentialing of faculty members. Act as a project lead on various projects. Assemble academic materials into presentation platforms. Schedule faculty to ensure clinical coverage. Budget Management (15%)
Responsibility for maintaining the Department of Surgical Dentistry in terms of the operating budget, faculty development accounts, and purchasing. Approve routine expenditures (travel, vouchers, purchase requests, etc.) and verifies compliance with relevant financial policies and procedures. Prepare, manage and monitor the operating budget for department, faculty development funds, financial allocations that support departmental operations and faculty development. Serve as department budget manager providing input into the budget formation as well as monitor and administer budget during the fiscal yearOther Duties
On occasion, this position may be assigned other duties or locations needed to help drive to the vision, fulfill the mission, and uphold the organizational values of CU Denver/Anschutz and the SDM.Salary & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $4,092 - $4,512 per month
- *The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions and/or in recognition of prior and applicable skills, experience, certifications, etc...
- This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
- Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
- Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Four (4) years of general clerical or administrative experience working which include one year of experience working with faculty in an academic environment.
- College, university of non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience but not for the specific experience.
- Experience processing and reconciling financial information and transactions.
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and students in a medical or dental environment.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters that require discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly organized professional with high integrity and discretion.
- Ability to work expediently and proficiently.
- Effective with response time, timelines and follow through.
- Ability to work as a member of a team within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers.
Professional Support ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 15, 2021Unposting Date: