DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusMarcus Institute for Brain HealthMedical AssistantPosition # 00784415– Requisition #22084
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Marcus Institute for Brain Health has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Medical Assistant position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. The Marcus Institute for Brain Health (MIBH) is an interdisciplinary clinical care and research institute for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and associated physical and psychological health conditions such as post-traumatic stress, depression, and anxiety. The MIBH is part of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU AMC) which is the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region and is located in Aurora, Colorado. Aurora is Colorado’s second largest and most diverse city, home to a significant population of refugees. The MIBH provides specialized care for people with mild to moderate TBI, with a primary focus on the provision of subspecialty clinical services for military Veterans of pre- and post-911 era, regardless of discharge status, with mild to moderate TBI who have persistent posttraumatic symptoms. The MIBH provides comprehensive interdisciplinary intensive outpatient evaluation and treatment integrating novel medical, and complementary-alternative treatment modalities. The MIBH currently seeks a full-time experienced Medical Assistant (MA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who will work within a team setting to support patient care. The successful candidate will develop, facilitate implementation and evaluate care management plans for patients with complex health needs related to TBI and PH. This appointment will involve approximately 100% clinical work and clinical administration. This position will assist physicians and other providers at the MIBH by setting up the room, clearing and preparing the room after a visit, basic patient monitoring, basic counseling and education, phone triage, EKG’s, venipuncture and other assessments ordered by physicians. This position will be responsible for inventory control, disposals, and assist with EHR requirements. Primary functions of the position include scheduling, coordinating, triaging, and organizing patient flow as well as conducting patient visits under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Operations. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Salary and Benefits:
- Implement a treatment plan with each patient potentially including health promotion, disease prevention, patient education, appropriate use of psychotropic medications, self-care, provision of appropriate follow-up and referral to other needed services and therapies.
- Complete medical documentation and billing
- Collaborate with family and/or professionals to maintain and maximize quality of care for patients
- Communicate with team, clients, community, and other healthcare professionals to promote client/team functioning
- Complete all required clinical and administrative documentation to accepted standards of practice, accurately, legibly, and by established timelines on electronic health record (EHR) system and paper as needed.
- Schedules patients for MIBH specific and UC Health related appointments based on individual patient needs. Schedules multidisciplinary appointments in traditional and complementary modalities.
- Participate in scheduled individual supervision, health team meetings, interdisciplinary work groups, monthly staff meetings, and other required meetings.
- Completes hearing screenings and related screenings under direction of providers and therapists
- Conducts routine chart audits as required
- Adept at Electronic Health Records (EHR) and EHR trouble shooting, improvement processes, and downtime procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods
- Identifies deviations from normal and consults as needed.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts for continued high quality care
The salary range (or hiring range
) has been established for this 1.0 FTE position at $51,175 - $60,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training. The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.Diversity & Equity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation.
A bachelor’s degree in nursing, health, human services, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Graduate from one or more accredited programs including: licensed practical nurse, medical assistant, emergency medical technician, nursing assistant or school
- Two years of nursing or medical assistant related experience
- Two years medical office experience
- Two years Electronic Health Record experience
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Experience working with Veteran and Military communities and/or elite athletes with appropriate cultural competence
- Clinical experience with PH and/or TBI
- Experience in interdisciplinary team care model
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orallyAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institutionEffective and inclusive customer service skills; ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitudeDemonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusionJob Category:
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable
- Knowledge of current medical procedures and understanding of basic medical terminology
- HIPAA and OSHA complianceAbility to organize and prioritize with minimal direction and maintain a well-organized work environment Ability to problem-solve, use good judgement, and deal with diverse and difficult personalities
- Ability to set objectives, establish priorities and follow initiatives Ability to work in continually changing conditions Ability to work under moderate to high levels of stress
- Current knowledge of or willingness to learn about military culture
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to work with a variety of applications
Health CarePrimary Location:
Jul 14, 2021Unposting Date: