DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine Office of Medical EducationAcademic Services Sr. Professional/LIC CoordinatorPosition # 00786116– Requisition #22068
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.School of Medicine Office of Medical Education has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Academic Services Sr. Pro (LIC Coordinator) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The LIC Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administrative coordination of the assigned program. The Coordinator will provide administrative management of the LIC activities including but not limited to student and faculty scheduling, oversight of timely evaluations and assessments, coordination with administrative staff at University of Colorado School of Medicine and within each department at the LIC clinical site/s, clerical support to the LIC director and department liaisons, availability to receive students’ questions, schedule conflicts, and other needs and to refer to the appropriate individual. This Coordinator position will be hired to support the LIC programs at University of Colorado Hospital Professional Field:
Senior ProfessionalSupervision Received
Reports to the Office of Medical Education Curriculum Manager (LIC Manager) with a dotted line reporting structure to the LIC Director. This position requires a large degree of independent action.Supervision Exercised
Salary and Benefits:
- Complex student and faculty scheduling for clinical experiences requiring monthly coordination and distribution of schedules and continuous updates and communication with faculty and students as conflicts and changes arise.
- Assisting LIC director and other faculty in planning the year-long schedule of students’ ambulatory clinical placements, inpatient experiences, on-call experiences, didactics, and assessments.
- Coordination of the didactic schedules including scheduling of speakers, coordination of logistics, collection and compilation of student evaluations.
- Scheduling and proctoring of exams.
- Managing LIC Canvas website including updating course materials and coordination of online quizzes and exams.
- Coordinating regular mid-block student meetings with LIC faculty including creation of reports summarizing student performance in all clinical realms at 4 time points during the year. Creation of final grading forms for each LIC course.
- Liaison to administrative staff at University of Colorado School of Medicine and within each department
- Clerical support to the LIC director and department liaisons.
- Organization of student activities at clinical sites including call rooms, scrub access, IT access and badging, parking, pagers, etc.
- Tracking of student requirements, assessments and grades.
- Maintenance of shared folders and other website materials.
- Coordinating distribution of student assessments throughout the year and assisting students and faculty with use of the online evaluation system, and track completion of required evaluations. Coordinating final grading meetings and liaise with university registrar for grade entry.
- Identifies problems, develops solutions for the problems and presents the problems and solutions to Course Director.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $39,993 to $50,870. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Ability to work with ambiguity and changing educational requirements and regulations. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, education technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience is required
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree:
- Associate’s degree and three years’ relevant work experience required.
- High school diploma/GED and six years’ relevant work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience within an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with learning management systems (i.e. Canvas, Elentra, MyClinicalExchange).
- Experience with curriculum management and coordination.Experience developing spreadsheets and databases for reporting and tracking purposesExperience developing letters and complex correspondence on behalf of a manager, director, administrator, assistant deans etc.
- Relevant work experience: coordinating and managing education programs, preferably in the medical field.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and works efficiently
- Able to work collaboratively with a large group of individuals
- Able to works independently without direct supervision
- Proficiency with MS Office products as well as aptitude to develop additional computer skills rapidly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Excel
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and efficient, with attention to accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills by email and in person.
- Ability to align multiple, competing demands with established priorities, and enjoy the challenges of change.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Job Category:
Academic ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 14, 2021Unposting Date: