UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Senior Communications SpecialistDepartment:
UNT-Univ Brand Strategy & Comm-Gen-180000Full Time/Part Time:
Salary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the Division of University Brand Strategy and Communications collaborates with internal and external partners to:
- Advance and protect UNT’s institutional identity and reputation.
- Reinforce and grow UNT’s brand in graphics, images and words.
- Increase UNT’s visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace.
- Support UNT’s student recruitment, retention and graduation goals.
- Strengthen UNT’s relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
This is professional work requiring development of recruitment marketing plans and strategy, production team leading, application of marketing research, and creation of new marketing techniques and materials. Work involves planning, researching, writing, editing and oversight of student recruitment campaigns and communications, both print and electronic, to attract undergraduate and graduate students. Work also involves aligning UNT’s strategic messaging in all materials; and working collaboratively with UBSC leadership, admissions offices and others in a team environment. This position is knowledgeable about marketing channels, the university and current recruitment trends.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience in writing and/or editing publications; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and trainingKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conceptualize, write and edit strategic, accurate and concise content for university audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to visually inspect print and online copy when self-editing or editing the copy of others
- Works effectively within a team and effectively works closely with other staff, faculty, and students toward a common goal.
- Extensive knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and Associated Press and Chicago Manual styles.
- Knowledge of writing styles and guidelines for various media formats and ability to create, coordinate and edit copy for each format (print, digital/social media, video, broadcast, etc.).
- Understanding of institutional strategy (or ability to quickly assimilate) and ability to integrate the strategy into modes of communication.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of and ability to research industry best practices to assist the division, college or unit in aligning strategies for UNT publications (print and digital) with University strategy and guidelines.
Monday – Friday 8:00-5:00Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Sr Communications Specialisto:
Participates in the creation and execution of multi-channel recruitment marketing plans. Applies research and best practices to develop strategic reports, plans and recommendations.o:
Stays current with target age group and the recruitment marketing strategies of other universities. Obtains and researches university marketing materials, print and electronic. Makes sound recommendations for UNT improvements.o:
Follows overall marketing trends, including electronic marketing and social media, in higher education and in business. Based on reading and research, makes sound recommendations for UNT improvements.o:
Develops strategies, plans and reports as requested. Analyzes data, reviews results skillfully and adjusts plans in real time.o:
Understands and incorporates market research into all plans and projects, as assigned. Reviews marketing research on all target audiences, applies it appropriately, and is able to help others understand it.o:
Stays abreast of new messaging and of changes at UNT, incorporating them into projects appropriately. Consistently uses fact database and other resources; aligns the university’s messaging through all marketing projects.o:
Leads teams, works with designers and photographers, solves problems and manages projects well, consulting supervisor as needed. Observation at team meetings, interaction in Robohead/email, and postmortem analyses indicate standards are being met.o:
Serves as recruitment marketing consultant for deans, department chairs and others, as assigned.o:
Writes persuasive content appropriately tailored to the audience/micro-audience and media/channel.o:
Writes, updates, edits and proofreads thoroughly and accurately.o:
Establishes and maintains relationships on campus to obtain and share information; works collaboratively to meet recruitment and enrollment goals.o:
Participates in the development and execution of marketing studies as required.o:
Meets all established deadlines for work assigned unless unforeseen circumstances prevent deadlines from being met.o:
Uses the project management system to monitor tasks, track progress and record hours spent on assigned projects.o:
Researches topics or jobs assigned and conducts thorough fact checks. Uses the UNT Fact Database as the source for established facts. Shares new facts with database liaison when appropriate.o:
Multitasks and effectively juggles priorities to meet established goals.o:
Understands and supports the university and division vision and participates as a collaborative team member.o:
Maintains a positive attitude and cooperative spirit to serve as a role model to students and other team members.o:
Uses technology at hand effectively and takes initiative in developing new uses for office tools and resources.o:
Self-motivated; anticipates and responds to demands of this job without prodding from supervisors; comes up with new ways of accomplishing tasks quickly and accurately.o:
Keeps up with and follows office procedures and university policies; encourages this in others; reports misuse of equipment or resources.o:
Handles confidential and sensitive information and issues with discretion; is able to separate own feelings and personal philosophies from the issues at hand.Posting Number:
S2377PQuicklink for Posting: