UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. Posting Title:
Exam Proctor - HourlyDepartment:
DAL-Academic Advising-513250Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
13.00 HourlyDepartment Summary:
Testing Services supports UNT Dallas’ mission of empowering students, transforming lives, and strengthening communities by providing opportunities for the assessment of knowledge and skills relating to academic and professional goals.Position Summary:
Exam Proctors supervise exams to prevent cheating and ensure an orderly, safe and fair environment. Proctors are responsible for setting up test rooms, recording attendance, making sure no one cheats during an exam, and ensuring that all exams are turned in on time. Test proctors are essential to maintaining the integrity of our organization and of the exams we administer. The personal skills necessary to be an effective test proctor include self-confidence, fairness, good judgment, and strong organizational ability.
- Preparing classrooms prior to exams
- Recording test-taker attendance as requested
- Handing out examinations and relaying instructions
- Watching test-takers to make sure no one cheats
- Ensuring only approved materials are used during the exam
- Collecting exams as they’re finished and/or at the end of the allotted time
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- General office experience including computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or other software.
- Willingness to follow all protocols and procedures
- Experience with security-sensitive information preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexible schedule during business hours and willingness to primarily work evenings and weekends as needed
- Associate degree or higher
- 1 Year of experience working in a customer service or campus setting
Varies based on need. Proctors will not have a regular consistent schedule and will be on call as needed. This position will have little to no opportunity for remote work.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Ability to communicatePosting Number:
H323PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Quicklink for Posting:
- Up to 3 candidates, my be hired from this posting.
- Please upload unofficial copies of any college transcripts