UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
It’s About the Food. As the largest self-supported food service department in North Texas, UNT Dining Services offers 5 Dining Halls, 20+ retail venues, an upscale dining restaurant, a hydroponic garden, a central scratch bakery, and catering service—all led by professionally-trained chefs and hospitality experts. UNT is recognized as a national leader in university dining due to the department’s innovative, trendsetting approach to foodservice and award-winning culinary talent. UNT operates Mean Greens Café, the nation’s first 100% vegan collegiate Dining Hall, and Kitchen West, Texas’ first and only university Dining Hall Certified Free From™ the Big 8 Food Allergens and Gluten Kitchens with Confidence. In early 2021, UNT opened its first standalone Dining Hall, Eagle Landing, inspired by urban food halls and home to seven unique restaurant concepts, all available for a single Meal Plan swipe. UNT was named No. 2 in the nation as a college with the best food by Delish.com, and is also the recipient of the prestigious Loyal E. Horton Award and Vegan Recipe Award from the National Association of College and University Food Services. As a founding member of the Menus of Change University Research Collaborative, UNT contributes to groundbreaking research on plant-forward diets, food waste reduction, and consumer food choices while accelerating the implementation of the Menus of Change Principles of Healthy, Sustainable Menus.Position Overview:
To advance the mission of UNT through food service. Create an outstanding dining experience in the cafeteria built on culinary excellence and prompt and friendly customer service. Manages the kitchen for HACCP and SOP process compliance at all times. Sees the customer in the dining hall as a guest; manages so that their experience is top notch (Service, Food, and Cleanliness).Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience in food service management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of dining, retail, and/or catering service operations.Work Schedule:
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of dietetics management knowledge and leadership skills related to business operations including planning, budgeting, organizing, controlling, and evaluating. Ability to analyze and solve problems, and make the necessary decisions on personnel, food preparation or food handling problems that may develop.
• Knowledge of cost and quality control techniques.
• Demonstrates good leadership skills and judgment.
• Skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates.
• Ability to develop and present formal and informal training and development programs.
• Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
• Superior attention to detail to ensure that high profile catering events or special events are executed to meet the department’s high quality standards.
Hours May VaryDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Senior Food Service ManagerPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hearo:
1. Maintains excellent grooming and overall appearance. Comes to work in uniform each day without exception. Wears nametag.o:
2. FT and PT are in uniform without exception. Employees wear a name tago:
1. Personally accepts responsibility for unit operations; does not blame others or circumstances for mistakes or failures.o:
2. Consistently enforces work standards and rules; follows up to guarantee all check points and master cleaning lists are completed each meal period.o:
3. Takes appropriate action with employees for poor performance or work rule violation.o:
4. Appoints a subordinate to be in charge when away from the job. Coaches subordinate supervisors regarding production and service expectations.o:
5. Takes quick action to correct substandard conditions (poor merchandising, poor food preparation, poor sanitation, unsafe working conditions).o:
6. Manages so that all staff are trained in operating procedures and area job descriptions.o:
7. Visits with staff daily concerning meal production, and daily operational review. Holds formal weekly meetings to convey pertinent information to full-time staff.o:
1. Through tone of voice, facial expression, choice of words and body language always communicates in a positive manner the work life of the unit, department and the University.o:
2. Maintains high visibility in dining room;. Is readily available to customers .o:
3. Maintains equipment in perfect working condition. Manages facilities so that FOH and BOH are maintained (paint, fixtures, caulking)o:
4. Is flexible with staffing in the event that Catering needs assistance; even if this causes shortages in your own unit.o:
1. Manages menu so that fresh seasonal produce makes up the bulk of food offerings.o:
2. Develops and implements weekly special events, Plans one WOW event per month.o:
3. Manages so that all food meets standards (taste and visual appeal) before hitting the serving line.o:
1. Is in food safety compliance 100% of the time. Scores 95 or above on monthly health inspections.o:
2. Plans for the use of unused portions within 24 hours.o:
1. Maintains transactions per labor hour above 7.5o:
2. Posts payroll target and actual transactions per man hour in a highly visible location in the kitchen.o:
3. Creates weekly schedule in W2W for all employees and posts in kitchen each Thursday for the following week.Posting Number:
S2185PQuicklink for Posting: