Development Database Administrator
The Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) at Eastern Connecticut State University is currently looking for a Development Database Administrator (Adm 4) in Institutional Advancement.
The Development Database Administrator (Adm 4) will play a critical role in the designs, implements and maintains moderately complex databases in a client/server environment with respect to access methods, access time, validation checks, and statistical methods. This includes the maintenance of database dictionaries and the integration of systems through client/server database design. Flexibility to work an occasional evening or weekend is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a CS, IS or related field required as well as four years working with databases in a non-profit setting, preferably in higher education. Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge is strongly preferred. Must be innovative, self-motivated, team oriented, and capable of managing competing priorities.
- Responsible for the production support of various databases.
- Install, configures, tunes, optimizes, administers, monitors, troubleshoots and supports transactional Institutional Advancement databases.
- Implements the security scheme for the Institutional Advancement development system database environment, as well as participates in a disaster recovery plan.
- Participates in the overall development of the Institutional Advancement data decision support system, including database modeling, design, maintenance and automation of loads.
- Trains and facilitates the development of the Institutional Advancement staff in order to achieve better utilization of the various databases.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the database and support of all Institutional Advancement initiative as well as for the management and integrity of the data.
- Creates and maintains policy and end user manuals as well as implements security protocols.
- Oversees gift and pledge processing with direct mail stuff daily. Coordinates all gift processing with the Director of Development to ensure high quality control and system requirements.
- Reconciles gifts and pledges within the Foundation financial area as well as participating in financial audits.
- Creates and executes financial and analytical queries and reports in order to support fundraising efforts.
- Supports application, performance, and security testing.
- Preforms other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
To apply: submit a letter of interest, current resume and contact information of three professional references to: Beverly Canfield, Office of University Relations, Eastern Connecticut State University, 83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT 06226 – [email protected]