Job no: 517388
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:29290100 - MD-EMERGENCY MED-AED
Administrative Support Assistant I
This position supports the general administrative functions of the department, including providing reception, scheduling meetings or coordinating calendars, preparing correspondence and providing routine office support.
- Serve as a public contact for the office and answer inquiries by email, telephone and in person
- Assists with routine travel arrangements
- Maintains and updates department electronic contact lists
- Maintains office supply inventory, compiles information for larger purchases and assists with equipment concerns
- Responsible for department shared electronic devices such as projectors and laptops
- Administrative support for department Director
- Answer and direct phone calls and other inquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings
- Prepare communication such as emails and other correspondence
- Various projects duties
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
$15.00 - $18.44 per hour; commensurate with education and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Word Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate per specific assignments
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 14 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time