Job no: 517404Classification Title:
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:63570900 - FS-OPER-PREVENTIVE MAINT
Maintenance Generalist IJob Description:
Perform Preventive Maintenance tasks such as checking equipment operation, cleaning, lubrication, changing filters, adjusting and repairing HVAC equipment and controls, etc., consistent with the Manufacturer’s Equipment Operation and Repair Manuals and contemporary standards of good practice. Inspects, operates, and test equipment to diagnose equipment malfunctions.
Supports HVAC Mechanics in responding to temperature complaints, diagnosing problems, identifying solutions, and helps make necessary adjustments to assure adequate indoor air quality is maintained. Keeps constituents informed in a timely manner.
Dismantles equipment to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, hand tools, or power tools. Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
Perform routine maintenance on electrical heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment Perform general cleaning duties of buildings or properties.
Accomplish on-the-job training (OJT)
Learn campus buildings by names and numbers
Learn tools, equipment, and materials used in the trade
Enter maintenance data via the work order system for work requests (WR) and time. Provide support services to other trades (e.g., properly route or phase WR) as may be required for the timely and efficient repair of buildings and/or equipment. Obtain parts from Centrals Stores for assigned WR. Clean and maintain shop, work areas, and personal equipment.
Operate state/UF vehicle(s). Incumbent must possess and maintain a valid class “E” Driver’s License.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Schedule may vary depending on location
- Total hours per week: 40
- Assist in emergency work (as needed)
- Standby as required
Position considered as Essential Personnel as defined by UF Policy
A Criminal background check and post offer health assessment will be conducted.Expected Salary:
$16.00 Per Hour based on experience.Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma (or equivalent) and zero (0) to two (2) years of experience in the field or in a related area.Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to follow established safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrable ability to recognize the proper materials/equipment needed for a specific job and make necessary changes
- Demonstrable ability to read a service request
- Ability to drive or walk to customer/trouble locationsSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Ability to move or lift weights, such as ladders, tools, and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, and similar places
- Ability to wear appropriate safety equipment
- Ability to climb
- Ability to reach above shoulder frequently
- Ability to kneel
- Ability to bend repeatedly
- Ability to work in confined area that may contain animals
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 15 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time