Assistant Supervisor, Life SafetyFac Serv Plant Operations
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Assistant Life Safety Supervisor oversees and manages the life safety programs under the direction of the Assistant Director Fire and Life Safety in accordance with OSHA regulations, state Fire Code and other related regulatory requirements and standards. The ASLF participates in discussions/decisions regarding job actions and has full responsibility for assigning and scheduling work duties, setting productivity goals and job expectations, ensuring appropriate training is provided, assessing performance, completing formal performance evaluations, and coordinating work activities. The ASLF must function effectively and make sound decisions in a highly complex work environment. Significant independent action and judgment are required subject to university wide policies. The ASFL also works with staff in the field to help meet the objectives (inspections, event management, training, etc.) of the Fire Life Safety Group. The ASFL responsibility is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the life safety operation as follows: Inspect, test, maintain and records all functions of life safety devices. Respond to all fire and spill related emergencies, assisting other departments in managing emergencies. Perform record keeping for all life safety functions. This position requires the employee to be on 24 hour call for emergencies and assuring that the life safety department is organized and that all systems are kept up to code in in good running order.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant fire safety inspection of fire alarms, fire extinguisben. sprinkler systems, basic knowledge of fixed Halon & carbon dioxide systems, fire hose stations, fire pumps, fire pump controllers, combustible gas detection, and spill control.
- Inspectors must possess a basic understanding of basic electricity and electronics.
- At least 2 years’ life safety experience working in high education or healthcare.
- Technical knowledge & training in fire safety, life safety inspection or testing