: York, PAPosted:
: Jul 14, 2021Closes:
: Aug 15, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
York College of Pennsylvania invites applications for the position of Associate Registrar. Reporting directly to the Registrar, the position is responsible for transfer credit evaluation for all students, development of articulation agreements and registration of transfer students. Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluating and processing, in BANNER, official transcripts of all transfer students who have been accepted to York College of Pennsylvania. The Transfer Articulation module updates the CAPP module with the current information.
- Collaborating with the academic departments on transferability criteria of credits.
- Evaluating and processing, in BANNER, CLEP scores, Advanced Placement scores, IBO scores, military records and Regents/Excelsior College Examination credit.
- Coordinating and evaluating the Off Campus Study Approval process for students attending other institutions who want to receive York College of Pennsylvania credit.
- Working closely with all study abroad students who want to transfer credit back to York College of Pennsylvania. Assisting in their preparation and registration of classes.
- Providing detailed information to potential partner colleges in the process of establishing official articulation agreements between the two institutions.
- Updating course prefix and number changes to current catalog terms.
- Reviewing feeder institution catalogs for course equivalencies and program into the Banner system and annually post updated transfer equivalencies on the home page for the Registrar's Office.
- Supervising the CLEP Coordinator and help to manage all functions of the CLEP program.
- Conducting individual appointments with new and transfer students in order to help them register for classes.
- Assisting the main Registrar's Office during peak registration periods with scheduling responsibilities.
- Maintaining online program enrollment and assist with adult degree completion.
The ideal candidate must possess a master's degree and have a minimum of five years of experience in an institution of higher education that is directly related to the functions of this position. Experience with the Banner student information system and Infosilem scheduling software is preferable. Familiarity with college curriculum and degree requirements is desired. Excellent communication skills, organization, accuracy and attention to detail are needed in this position.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by August 15, 2021.