Administrative Associate 2🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
New📁Administration📅11 hours ago Post Date📅90417 Requisition #Grade: EThe Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine aims to provide optimum state-of-the-art care for critically ill and recovering neonates and infants. We are dedicated to the School of Medicine’s mission of advancing and exploring innovative and novel biomedical, translational, and clinical research and education through the nurturing stimulation of interactions among basic and clinical scientists, clinicians, and educators throughout the School of Medicine and University, as well as with the private and public sectors. Through our integrated research, education, patient, and community outreach programs, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of academic medicine and patient care. We are seeking a full-time, 100% FTE Administrative Assistant II to provide administrative support for multiple Clinician Educator faculty, including travel and purchase reimbursements, travel arrangements, payment processing, event coordination, grant and contract submissions, and publications. We believe Stanford’s future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
- Serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns for the faculty and their programs; report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree or equivalent
- 5 years of administrative experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology desired, as is experience in an academic and/or medical environment.
- Familiarity with Stanford policies and financial systems preferred
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.