Assistant/Associate Professor of Education (Educational Leadership K-12) - Fall 2022Requisition:
Assistant or Associate ProfessorFLSA status:
Commensurate with education and experience.Position Type:
Full-Time Tenure TrackCollege:
College of EducationDepartment:
Dept of Educational Leadership Open Date:
Dr. Julie CombsTitle:
Professor Contact Phone:
Department Educational Leadership
Sam Houston State University
TEC Room 319
P.O. Box 2119
Huntsville, TX 77341
[email protected]Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job:
Full-time tenure-track (9 month) position teaching graduate-level courses. Summer teaching opportunities may be available based on student demand. The anticipated start date of this position is Fall 2022. Educational Requirements for the Position:
1. Primary teaching responsibilities are in the face-to-face doctoral program in education leadership at the Woodlands campus (The Woodlands, TX) and the online master’s program for the school leadership (principal) program.
2. Serve on and eventually chair dissertation committees.
3. Engage in scholarly research, writing, and professional presentations demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications and national conferences.
4. Work collaboratively with faculty, school districts, and other education institutions and agencies.
5. Serve in program, institutional, regional, state, and national service opportunities.
6. Engage in program advising and student recruitment efforts.
7. Collaborate on the growth of the programs in the Educational Leadership department.
8. Participate in professional organizations.
Earned Doctorate in educational leadership or related field prior to August 2022. Experience Required for the Position:
1. Work experience in K-12 schools or related agenciesOther Requirements for the Position:
2. Experience conducting independent research (i.e., dissertation).
3. Demonstrated capacity for successful tenure and promotion (e.g., peer-reviewed publications, program evaluations, presentations, grants).
1. At least three years of work experience in K-12 on a campus or district leadership position.Special Instructions Summary:
2. Principal certification.
3. Evidence of advocacy for diverse populations.
4. Online teaching experience.
1. Cover letter explaining how you meet required and preferred qualifications.Open Until Filled:
2. Submit one scholarly writing product that demonstrates your research skills.
3. A maximum 150-word statement on each of the following (to be uploaded as one combined document under Statement of Research and Goals):a. Plan for developing a research agenda to meet tenure and promotion;b. Philosophy on educating diverse populations;c. Philosophy of teaching adult populations.
4. Submit Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following areas (i.e., education, school/district leadership experiences, post-secondary teaching, educator certifications, degrees earned, research activities (publications and presentations).
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.